Saturday, August 15, 2009

can you feel it?

there's a little crisp to the air this weekend.
Enough that it's got me a little too excited for fall.
Summer has been lovely and 
we've really taken advantage of warm days, 
summer events and outside living.
But this weekend has a crisp that 
has given me the bug...the fall bug.

This morning we went to see my brother-in-law 
at the finish line for the West Valley triathlon.
Getting ready I was digging for sweatshirts, 
long pants and socks for Lucy
(we never found the socks).
We saw Brinton come across the finish line in a 
downpour and we were shivering like a late September
early October morning.

go Brinton!

Lucy made a sign to cheer Brinton on to the finish

After arriving home this morning we've still had lingering 
rain so I couldn't resist opening the windows
to let in the cool and with all of our trees and the dark clouds it 
was cozy enough to light some candles....
mmm fall!

I switched my iced mocha to hot this 
morning and finalized most of Lucy's halloween costume.
Yes, this is our most favorite time of year ~
(except Lucy maybe - yesterday after seeing some 
spooky decorations at Michael's she informed me
"i don't ike hawoween").
Well, we won't jump too far ahead of ourselves.  We still
have this to count down to...


So we'll enjoy some warm, sunny
days ahead and not wish away summer. 
But it's nice to know you're right around 
the corner Fall ~
we'll be waiting...

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I got chills reading this! Not only because my window's open at 10 o'clock at night but the way you wrote... oh I am feeling the fall fever too...

You guys were troopers in the rain; Lucy with her little sign! I love the idea of Disneyland in the fall, that sounds so fun.

caitlin and brinton said...

you and I - we must be related.

I loved the fall air this weekend - although summer has been nice - I am so excited for fall. Can we go to Tai Pan soon, please?

thanks for coming on Saturday, you guys really made Brinton's day by being there.

just go L.A. Candy in the mail, hope it's good!

Here's to upcoming candlelit nights & sweater purchasing.

kennan said...

i need to know what you are having lucy be for halloween STAT. also, what days are you going to be at the happiest place on earth? we are going mid-october and i am crossing my fingers we will cross paths on the matterhorn.

Mackenzie said...

Yay Disneyland!!!
I would also LOVE to know what Miss Lucy will be for Halloween. I am sure she will be DARLING!