Wednesday, August 26, 2009

potpourri

So not much has happened around here lately to warrant
a full blog post for one topic so I thought I'd post a potpourri or mixed bag
of some
of the little things...
.....
Lucy has mastered the art of a temper tantrum!
I knew she could do it if she put her mind
to it. And boy did she ever last week
at the mall. This wasn't a freak-out, this was an insane-o-
time to call super nanny - gargantuan temper tantrum.
So if you saw us walking down the
middle of fashion place with me getting slapped in the
face with both of Lucy's tiny hands
and blood-curdling screams...
thank you for turning away and not saying hi.
.....
Blake and I saw Depeche Mode on Tuesday -
it was a good concert.
My only gripe is people who "film" the
entire concert with their iphones.
I mean I understand a few pictures and recording
a song or two but are you really going to go home and watch
the whole concert again - just enjoy it while you're there.
Blake's gripe - texting - but that annoys him all the time.
.....
Last weekend my parents, sister and brother-in-law
took Lucy to the zoo and Blake and I finally saw a movie
together. We saw (500) Days of Summer and it's
very cute - but not as good as Julie & Julia which I saw
the week before and love, love, loved!
.....
Speaking of movies, if you haven't seen the trailer yet
for The Lovely Bones...watch it HERE.
And if you haven't read the book -
do it.
.....
I am BEYOND excited because yesterday
I registered Lucy for dance class! Yes, our
tiny little girl will be starting dance in two weeks
and it's all I can think about.
Now the hard part is finding tap and ballet
shoes to fit her tiny piggies.
But rest assured, there will be plenty
more to come (with pictures) about this new endeavor!
.....
I saw two (and enjoyed one) pumpkin food items this week...
it's coming!
.....
Blake and I have a new obsession: In Treatment.
This series is from HBO and I caught part of Season 2 a few months
ago and got hooked immediately.
So we joined Netflix and now (most) every night
after Lucy has gone to bed we are up with
our bowls of 94% fat free popcorn chomping
away and being swept up into this show.
There is no other word for it but
amaZing!
.....
So a lot of little stuff, even more rambling and
proof that we're not the most
"happening" fam - but
i love us.

5 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Blake was talking about In Treatment today at work. Sounds pretty cool...we will have to check it out.

Alisa said...

Ah, Netflix... our trial was way too short! This temper tantrum sounds interesting. Slapping the face? I wonder if I might be the mom to slap right back. That is one thing I don't think I can handle. Did you get much shopping done?

I will be so happy to see Lucy's dance pictures!

Wendie said...

Can't wait for our "tiny dancer" to start her lessons, although she has always had some really creative moves.

I think Lucy is entitled to "1" temper tantrum. She is a 2 year old who is always happy and loving, without a mean bone in her body. (This is her grandma commenting, but it's the truth)...

Love to you all...

Natalie said...

I'm jealous you saw Depeche Mode again. That was one of my most favorite concerts. You will love dance class!! It's the best. I'm coming to SL in a couple weeks. I want to come see you guys and your new place. Hopefully we can get together.

Sheri said...

No one likes to see their kids throw a tantrum. I have had my fair share in public also. Most recently a nice huge outburst in church yesterday. Ugh....talk about embarrassing. :)
Can't wait to see pics of dance classes. I love to see the little ones dance.
I can't believe it is already time for pumpkins! I love pumpkin shakes from AC. Can't wait to have one!
Thanks for sharing your ramblings. Sounds like you guys are doing well. :)