Tuesday, September 1, 2009

photo shoot!

On Sunday my parents treated us to a delicious
(I love you eggs benedict)
brunch at the Alta lodge. It's funny
that my brother is like an Alta king and
he was the only one not in attendance.
He's still in Africa so I guess he's not really missing out.
Anyway, after stuffing ourselves
we drove up to Albion Basin.
To hike? No.
To explore and study the wildlife? No.
To camp in the beautiful outdoors? No.
To have impromptu (only funny to us) photoshoots?
of course!
The funny thing is most of my family are
hikers, campers, explorers, etc.
But on this morning we lounged on some comfy
rock-seats and died of laughter at ourselves
(well maybe just my sister and me - cause we're comedians like that)
and took pictures.
After awhile it's kind of embarrassing when
rugged hikers start their climbs,
over flowing with gear and
we're posing like goofballs and getting in their way.
We had our fun
but the star of the show was Lucy -
her pictures weren't funny they were beautiful.
She is growing up right
before
my
eyes.




I'll save the joke poses for future
black-mail
(and no one else would probably even find them funny)
but I have to include this sadie-hawkins-esque
pose of Blake and me.
No, we weren't being serious and no,
we didn't coordinate.
Promise.

9 years of er...blissful marriage
this month!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Love it! Need more though. I love your outfit Codi!

caitlin and brinton said...

Your outfit was seriously cute Codi. And I luv that picture of you and Blake - so glad I took it :) I'm glad neither one of us put the other photos out for the world to see... maybe someday.

Lucy looked gorgeous and so happy - I just kept singing "you belong among the wildflowers, you belong somewhere close to me" in my head while she was wandering through the fields.