Monday, April 19, 2010

happy birthday dad!


My dad turned 60 over the weekend!

That's quite a milestone birthday and surprisingly I handled it well. I have a really
hard time with people getting older but I guess if they're cool with it I should be too. Anyway, sixty when I was like thirteen, seemed A LOT older than it does now. I mean my dad is far
from senior living. He's even going to the Kings of Leon concert this summer.
I love my dad so much and I'm so happy we're so close. My dad is one of the most laid back guys ever and one of the things I love most about him is how much he enjoys the simple things in life...a nice weather day, a cold Peps, a hike to Dog lake, working in the yard and his family.
My dad always is optimistic, friendly, a hard worker, a great poppa to Lucy and a dad to look up to. His love for yard work and landscaping has luckily been passed down to my sister and I (and by default our husbands) well actually Caitlin doesn't do yard work but he has even got Lucy into digging and planting.
My dad didn't want a lot of fanfare for this big birthday so the 7 of us went to Midway for a delicious brunch at the Zermatt Resort. Unfortunately my brother and his gf Calah moved to Alaska for the summer so they missed out. But our group had a great meal and beautiful weather to celebrate our dad - happy birthday!


Lucy can spot a carousel anywhere

Lucy giving poppa the mug she made




4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

This almost made me cry. Man how I love dad.

This morning I got a text from Brinton that said "I miss brunch! I want more!" & I replied that I miss it too, mostly the whipped butter.

Wendie said...

Codi, Thank you for the thoughtful message. I'm glad we were all able to get together on Sunday. That was the best way that I could spend my birthday.

Love, Dad

Codi, What sweet sentiments. Everything you said about your dad is true. But, he did dictate his message because he has chosen to be computer and cell phone free. He does so love the simple things in life...Love, Mom

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Brad (pass it on!)

Love,

D, Lis, and Crosby

caitlin and brinton said...

I like how that lemon/bacon woman has a bib in the background.