Friday, September 10, 2010

just need pumpkins


...and my fall decor is complete!
I started in August but just finished up my fall nesting this week.
I think most everyone is ready for the crispness of fall, pumpkin lattes
and cozy throws on the bed.

Blake and I still aren't quite ready to give up our time in the yard so
we dressed up some pots with fall color and added some glow-y candles
to stretch out our evenings outside.



My bench!
I've been so excited to decorate this corner of my kitchen for fall. My amazingly talented brother in law Brinton custom built this banquette for us. He did such
a great job and this custom piece is already becoming a popular spot. He included
storage below for baskets to hold Lucy's arts & crafts supplies, dining room linens and cookbooks. It's comfortable, well made and now I feel like my kitchen area is complete.

Now I'm just on the hunt for white, orange, green pumpkins to finish it all up!

my favorite time of the year!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Very cute. We actually bought a ceramic"y" pumpkin and a pillow.

those are our only fall decorations.

my poor kids. Having such scrooges for parents has got to be rough.

Am-Biance said...

Everything looks so warm and inviting...I am loving all your pillows and your built in! Ummm, when can we come see in person?! :)

and yes, fall is the most PERFECT time of year!!
I have to laugh though because I called some grocery stores about a week or so ago and asked.."WHEN are you getting PUMPKINS?!" :) gotta have the punkins..

Sheri said...

I love pumpkins and Fall time in general! I love your home. Your pictures with the decorations are lovely. The nook in the kitchen is a great addition. We are always looking of ways to improve and make better use of our space. I love that idea!