Thursday, August 18, 2011

so long summer


Yeah, it's August.
But I'm ready for the change in the air and ready to move into a new season. I'm ready for schedules, cooler air and some more orange in my life.

Blake brought home these beauties for me the other day and they're the perfect welcome for fall to arrive.



But instead of watching the calendar we're making the most of the last few weeks of summer. Lucy starts school pretty soon and we're having fun playing outside and visits to the pool. Last weekend we even had our own backyard movie night. I thought we'd need the elaborate set-up of a projector and screen but in about five minutes Blake just set up one of our tv's and we were good to go! We had such a fun night and it was so cozy to have our treats and movies in our own back yard.





Summer isn't complete without breakfast in the canyon.



morning people


Summer growth spurts.
Lucy has grown almost two shoe sizes over the summer and is in a bigger size of clothes. Her hair seems to grow longer by the day and don't even get me started on her personality.
4 going on 14 is no exaggeration.



We've had a great summer so far...
enjoy the rest of yours!

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

ummmmm..... she looks 16 in those pictures and way too cute for her own good. She's gorg!

I'm sad we weren't invited to movie night. Will you do another one?

I love the orange flowers.

You've got another solid month of summer. Let's enjoy & get a lot of pool time in.

Sheri said...

She has so much spunk in her! Love it! I am so jealous of your fabulous backyard. The movie night looked so fun and cozy!
I too am sad for summer to be over, but also glad for schedules and different colors! I really need a yard make over because my potted plants are all dying. Oops, kind of neglected them this summer. :(
Hope you have a great rest of your summer!

kennan said...

lucy does look old! she is perfection.

and i am a little offended you never called us to swim. i know, i know, i have too many kids (and i think i might be annoying?).

Am-Biance said...

You guys are darling....love the movie night. Could you get any cuter?! Such a talent...and loving the backyard! Luc is getting so big, watch out boys..or should I say Blake;)....she is gorgeous!
Would love to get together soon!;)