Monday, August 1, 2011

rainy monday morning

We had a nice, dark down pour all morning and into the afternoon today. The grass sure needed it and I think Lucy did too. She got soaked to the bone and splashed to her heart's content.


After she was dry and warm she wanted her magic blanket and books on the porch.


This was the rest of the house on this dark, cozy morning...





When it's clean...Lucy's room is one of the coziest places in the house. One of her windows is almost covered in greenery and with the dark clouds it looked like the perfect spot for a nap... but Lucy doesn't believe in naps.


p.s. the only thing missing on this rainy morning was a good book for me. On Friday I finally bought The Help and it was so amazing that I read it in less than two days. This morning I kind of wished I didn't finish it so fast. If you haven't yet, read it!


4 comments:

Megan Mecham said...

I just started The Help and oh, how I wish I were just sitting in a cozy chair with a magic blanket reading too...

caitlin and brinton said...

Ahhh - we just discussed this but I will be excited for fall soon... this post reminds me of it. I can't believe you let her get soaked! That's so cute. I wish I was all cozied up in her chair with her. I love your house. So super cozy - the best way to be.

Auds Beck said...

we should have had Lucy over to Kim's house and she could have floated lego boats down the gutter with us!! What a fun summer morning to cool things off and green things up:) I am so glad you enjoyed The Help. It is one of my favorite books and I am so surprised that many people still have not read it! It's books like The Help that you wish would never end!

Brooke said...

I just bought The Help and I'm excited to read it as soon as I finish my current book. But with my luck, that won't be for another six months!