Monday, February 27, 2012

And the award goes to...

me...
for the most correct guesses for our annual family Oscar party!!

Give us an excuse to eat a lot of yummy food, hang out together for a few hours and 'theme' something up and we really outdo ourselves.

This year we decided to do a Hawaiian theme in honor of one of the best picture nominees, The Descendants. So my mom went all out with a luau in February. Caitlin did shredded chicken sandwiches and a yum pineapple-ish cake, Blake did grilled kabobs and rice, Calah made yummy guacomole and my mom finished up with everything else: salads, fruit and plenty of movie treats!

Lucy wanted to be decked out in a party dress and counted down all day to go to the party...she may have been a bit disappointed when she realized the 'party' was watching tv.


Aloha!

Of course Blake and I swept both contests. He scored us a Jamba Juice gift card for winning Oscar Bingo and all of my studying paid off in guessing the most correct wins during the ceremony. Lucy should be so proud of her parents.

My parents are always such great hosts and really, there's no better way to watch a 3 hour award show than with our crew!

A few notes:
For being one of the nicest people on the planet I don't understand how Brinton can't stand Oprah...and Meryl Streep?!

My dad loves a good 'In Memoriam' segment

Blake knows every single person in show business (well, not personally) and every movie they've ever made - he really puts my celeb knowledge to shame

George Clooney was robbed! Really, The Descendants is such an amazing movie and he was so good in it. I never thought that much about him but after this movie...wowza! It should be out to rent soon so make sure to give it a watch - by far the best movie I've seen in a long time!



1 comment:

caitlin and brinton said...

The party was so fun! I really love George Clooney after The Descendants, too. Good job on your win, although I think all your research should be considered cheating.