Thursday, February 16, 2012

love is all we need

Blog, schmog.
Sometimes life is really amazing but really not that interesting to blog about. That's been us for the past month. Life is just moving along...preschool, work, family date nights, zumba therapy sessions, learning to read, Barbies.

Pretty much how things should be but no one really wants to read about it because they're doing it too. Sometimes I feel like documenting the mundane but not this month. I've just enjoyed living it.

But then one day you feel bad because the four people who read your blog probably are sick of seeing the latest post and one day I really promise I'm going to print "the blog" and I would hate Lucy to think that we stopped taking pictures of her for a month.

Lucky for us Valentine's rolled in this week and sparked some enthusiasm to update...

This year we did the 14 days of Valentine's again. A little treat, note, present in Lucy's mailbox every morning. I don't do well with junk toys but when you need 14 gift ideas something from the Target dollar section is bound to get tossed in. I think next year it might be easier (and cheaper) to have the Valentine fairy (or whatever this is called) to bring $1 a day.

The final gift on Valentine's morning was two tickets to see the musical Beauty and the Beast next month at Capitol Theater! I spent over an hour trying to secure some tickets. They weren't specifically for a Valentine's gift but when the treat cupboard was empty on Valentine's eve I decided it was the perfect time to tell her about the tickets. Sad for me she's insisting on Blake taking her. Her words..."Daddy just LOVES Beauty and the Beast...so we will go on a daddy/daughter date night and you can stay home and look at your computer."

Thanks.

This is what she got for that daddy she loves so much...

I looked to Pinterest for some Valentine preschool motivation but it just made me anxious. Too much cute stuff. So we just got some cello bags, Target treats, stickers and called it good. They turned out cute and Lucy loved taking "ribbon bags" to her friends.

I had to work on Valentine's but Lucy had a special afternoon with her Gammy and Poppa. They had a special lunch and fun treats!


After we picked her up we had a dinner date out and heart-shaped sugar cookies in bed. Because yes, she's almost five and still coming in to sleep with us...

...and as much as I complain about getting kicked in the neck all night some day she probably won't even unlock the door to her room. So snuggle in little Valentine, snuggle in!



5 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Finally!

She looks so cute in these. I can definitely notice her hair cut in the last picture - it looks pretty.

Thanks for the V-Day treats.

Alisa said...

CUUUUTTTTE!! I love your last sentence ;)

What will we do without Zumba therapy?

Am-Biance said...

She is an angel! Love all the fun V-day treats..Pinterest.Seriously, WAY too many cute things to do! What happened to a simple good old valentine?! They are the best..
You guys are darling!! And keep blogging...I LOVE reading your posts!

Aspen said...

Thank you for updating! I was seriously checking everyday...no pressure. I laughed hysterically about Lucy's comment to you, and then cried hysterically about your closing sentence. Love you all!

Kim said...

Loved your post! Lucy is so darling and she is changing so much; she is so fun to talk to. I can't believe she is going to be 5 yrs. old!!