Friday, May 4, 2012

falling in love

Driving home from preschool...

Lucy: do you want to hear the steps to falling in love?

me: uh, okay.  is that a book from school...or from a show?

Lucy: no!  it's the steps to falling in love for me and Teegan (preschool crush)

me: sure

Lucy: step one - meeting Teegan, step two - him giving me a birthday present even when he couldn't come to my birthday, step three - being romantic at the playground and chasing him, step four - when he gave me a hug, step five - when I saw him on his scooter today riding to school

me: those are really romantic steps.  so now you've fallen in love?

Lucy: moooooommy!  of course we're already in love.  now we just need the final step and you know what that is???

me:  uh, what?

Lucy: getting married of course!  but if it doesn't work then I can have the same steps with Finnegan and marry him instead


Help me now!  We have kindergarten registration this afternoon but if I had more patience I might consider home school.

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA! She sounds just like me when I was her age :-) But that probably doesn't make you feel better. SHE IS THE CUTEST!

Sheri said...

Wow she has it all figured out! So stinking cute, but I am sure I know how you are feeling! lol