Thursday, May 31, 2012

good-bye preschool


For the last day of preschool we let Lucy have her favorite treat...hostess crumb donuts.  This is probably the most she's eaten for breakfast all school year.


 Last Friday was her last day of preschool and they had a little performance in the sanctuary at the church.  I've been so sad about preschool ending.  Lucy has grown so much this year and preschool has been the best experience.  I've loved her school, Wasatch Presbyterian Preschool, and her amazing teachers.  They have done so many fun things this year and she has learned so much.  I only wish she had gone a year earlier because we've loved this program.  

But it's time to move on and get ready for kindergarten!  Lucy is sad about not seeing her friends (one in particular...) and her teachers but she is so excited for elementary school and so I need not be the downer mom feeling sad and nostalgic about moving on.  But it's sad!!



Her class sang two darling songs and at the end of the second song they all yelled "we're off to kindergarten!" Tears...




Lucy and her dream boat.  She had a frenzied, sparkly look in her eye as we waited in line to have her picture taken with him.  He looks equally excited.
He is a cute little boy and it's been funny for me to watch her have her first crush.  They're going to different school though so hopefully she'll take a "falling in love" hiatus for a few years.


Her darling and wonderful teachers Miss Christy & Miss Lora - we will miss them!


Gammy came to watch too.


A bucket of treats and summer goodies to help fill the gap.  The other day I got overly ambitious and with the help of some pinterest ideas came up with some summer "theme" weeks.  We are going to try to take a weekly field trip or outing to make sure we don't get stuck inside watching tv all summer (that could be awesome if Lucy was into shows on Bravo!).  So if you're interested in joining any of our outings text me or email me and I'll let you know what our plans are each week.  I've tried to come up with some affordable or free ideas so hopefully it will work out.  


Lucy's teachers put together these binders of their projects through the year and included a lot of pictures of Lucy in class, with her friends, on field trips.  So many fun memories for my big girl...with many more yet to come!

Here's to snowcones, lazy mornings and fun summer nights!

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

CUTE!!! I love that picture of her and "him". She is too darling. Kindergarten?? Oh.my.

Lacey said...

Just a fun/sad time. I remember Kylee starting Kindergarten. I swear I cried for weeks before and weeks after. I thought she would cry as we left her NOPE we couldn't leave fast enough. That made me more sad feeling that she didn't need me. Little did I know! Lucy is soooo cute! I am excited for her and YOU!!

Alisa said...

Oh no!!! Crosby hasn't even begun preschool yet and this is giving me the jitters. Deep breath. What a cute post, and I love that binder they made at the end. And a weekly field trip? Count us in one of these times!

Lacey said...

OH by the way. Where can I get her outfit in my size?!?!?