Tuesday, April 22, 2008

our little model...

Yesterday Blake and I took Lucy to her one-year-old photo shoot. I found out about Simplicity Photography from my neighbor Kassi. She had beautiful pictures done of her girls and I thought the photographer would be perfect to capture Lucy at the (just past) one year mark.

Lucy is turning into quite the little diva. We took two wardrobe changes, multiple head accessories and spent over an hour trying to get the little toad to smile. She wasn't interested in baby smiles - she acted like a serious super model! She lounged across a velvet chair with her arm posed just so and gave us the most serious (and beautiful) looks she could. At one point Blake, the photographer and I were all making funny faces and jumping up and down to get her to laugh. Lucy continued to stare at us like we were nuts.

The photographer Angie was wonderful - so easy and fun to work with and when we get the proofs in a week or so I know we'll be agonizing over which ones to chose - her work is amazing. She gave us a sneak peek on her blog. If you want to take a look at our super model bug check out http://photosbyangie.blogspot.com/2008/04/little-lucy.html I know where the attitude came from but how did I get such a gorgeous little girl?!

5 comments:

Alisa said...

Okay I'd like to take a moment to say... ADORABLE! If those pics are only a sneak peek you and Blake are in trouble.

Lucy is such a sweetface!

I can see what you mean by supermodel though, apparently she is done being a baby.

Alisa said...

Did you see that I tagged you?

Meg Lauren said...

Codi! Oh my gosh! I cannot believe that baby luce is so big!!!!
She looks absolutely gorgeous!
Love you!
meg

caitlin and brinton said...

I saw an ad in the paper calling for baby models and actors and thought of no one but Lucy. She could make herself a lot of money, like the Olsen twins! Do it!! :)
Love you guys.

Sandy said...

Like I said last night...skip the mortgage payment and buy them all! Tracy and I would even float you a loan if required just as long as you let us keep on for our own!
love and kisses,
Sandy