Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Randomness..

Okay, so I've had some major pain lately. The doctor said I "hurt my back" (uh, really) but Dr. Internet has diagnosed sciatica (sciatic nerve pain). It really has not been a pleasant week but I'm trying to stay optimistic and tell myself how it could be so much worse. I start physical therapy tomorrow and I'm just hoping and praying that it will help the pain so I can walk in our March for Babies walk that is about 10 days away. Since Lucy has been born I've been an advocate for positive energy, optimism and glass (more than) half full stuff. But this week I've been a major Debbie-Downer. Lying in bed the other day I started making a mental list of things I'd rather be dealing with than excruciating leg/back pain. A few that made the list:

-15 mosquito bites on one hand

-being forced to watch all of the Rambo's, Rocky's and Star Wars

-recovering from a c-section (that was cake compared to this)

-strep throat for two weeks

-not being able to get online for a month (I know it's sad it's that important)

-losing a $100 dollar bill - a couple nights ago this got up to $500

Depresso, right? I even feel guilty for typing out such a post. This is nothing compared to what some people go through but maybe expressing it will move me onto the speedy recovery route. Positive thinking right?!

So to make up for my negativity I'm going to steal an idea from my good friend Annie's blog and list some random, happy things I love. I am so excited when Annie has these posts so I might steal the idea for long-term use.

I love...

I love...finding Lucy curled up like a bug on her tummy in her crib in the morning


I love...summer concerts (James Taylor & Jack Johnson lined up so far)

I love...(parentheses)


I love...hearing Blake call out "Code" when he comes home


I love...laughing with my family about really lame stuff


I love...daylight savings (this end of it)


I love...Lucy craning her head to see me when someone else is holding her


I love...on-location news reports for things that happen every year (day after Thanksgiving sales, people camping out before the 24th of July parade, Tax day at the post office)


I love...going to nurseries to look for trees and flowers (just a few more weeks for this!)

I love...when family (sister, daughter, mom, aunts, cousins) become some of your best friends

I love...banana cream shakes

That's all for now, hopefully this has made up for the waa-waa in the beginning.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Great list - the positive and the not so positive.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about what you love. My favorite and one I have to 100% agree with is
I love...when family (sister, daughter, mom, aunts, cousins) become some of your best friends
This would have to be one of the most loved things!!! I hope you start feeling better!

Alisa said...

Eww I am sorry you are in so much pain; you hang in there and I will check on your progress to make sure you're doing your physical therapy. I loved this post.

Auds Beck said...

That is a great list of I love suff. I need ot remember the little joys in life like on your list!

caitlin and brinton said...

Pretty much anyone in your situation would complain - so no need to apologize for it. I hope you feel better soon- spring is here (pretty much) and you need to get out in the sunshine!