Tuesday, April 29, 2008

March for Lucy!

This past Saturday was the March of Dimes' March for Babies. Team Lucy Bug! had amazing support and is a contender for the #1 Family Team in Salt Lake (we'll find out soon)! We had a wonderful group of friends and family (some friends we met for the first time) who came to support this great organization and Lucy. Our team ended up having 35 walkers and we raised over $2,600.; not too bad for our first year. We got lucky and had beautiful weather and good spirits all around. There is a part of the walk called Ambassador Avenue that has posters created by teams showing their babies. I put Lucy's together the night before and I'm so happy I got it done because it brought tears to our eyes when we came across it on the walk. Seeing how far she has come was so inspiring and showed why we were all there to walk. There were many other amazing miracles presented and also some posters of babies who did not have the happy ending that we did. It made me remember that Lucy is a true miracle and I was in awe at the strength of other parents who were there walking in memory of their little ones.

Lucy's story board I made for Ambassador Avenue



Team Lucy Bug in action!



Team Lucy Bug! All 35 of us!!! Thanks team - we love you!


the fam


Ferguson clan and Beans!

Aunt Kim, Alisa, D and baby Crosby


Megan & Nick (you know, the athletes)


my sister Caitlin and our friend Sabrina - starting their morning off with glaze...as usual!

Abby's crew - Shelby, Sara, Shauna, Abby, T.A., Natalie & Karen


keepin' it real - Virginia & Nikki


Rebecca & me

Karin & Chris - and baby boy who's almost here!


Lacey, Kylee, Luce & me


baby Croz - our youngest team member

Luce relaxing in the sun on a stroll


Thanks to our amazing team and the generous donations we received from our supporters. It was truly a wonderful day and I hope the first of many walks we'll be a part of.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

It was amazing. and Lucy is so lucky to have so many people to support her as she grows and becomes stronger. Kylee and I will be there right along side of you next year.

Alisa said...

We loved being a part of the walk and I meant to tell you how much I loved your story board. I looked at it up close again tonight and it made me cry! Lucy already has a "life story" even just in her first year of life. It's just downright amazing all over again sometimes when I think about it... can't imagine how it is for you as the parents when it hits you a certain way! Lucy you little baby blessing from above!

PS you do not have cankles. You have cute ankles and feet. Believe it or not I now have really bad swelling and it is worse than I had during my pregnancy. THE PITS

caitlin and brinton said...

Thanks for letting us be there, it was really fun and even though we're horrible sisters and brothers-in law and forgot to donate OURSELVES, we will be there next year and maybe we'll remember next time. The poster for Lucy was so cute and it's amazing to get that reminder that Lucy had such a rough beginning- with how healthy and cute she is, I think it sometimes slips our minds. Love you guys! See you in two weeks!

Anonymous said...

Codi, Thank you for getting involved in this great organization. It gave us an opportunity to feel like we were doing something very worthwhile for other little babies. We are so thankful for our little "Bug" and how healthy and happy she is. Saturday was a beautiful, fun, day. Thanks for all you do. We love you all!!

XOXO Grandma and Grandpa

Sandy said...

It WAS an amazing day and we wanted to tell you thanks for letting us join in. I've never had so much fun walking!
Love you all,
The Fergusons