Monday, January 19, 2009

Feeling SAD??


Whenever we get this yucky inversion I always diagnose myself with SAD (seasonal affective disorder, or this disgusting inversion is covering the sun and I don't care if I go into debt I'm booking myself a sunny trip the hell outta here!)  It's very gross and unhealthy and when you know the opportunity of a sunny, blue sky day is just a few hundred feet above the gunk it makes me SAD!

Anyway, thanks to a Monday off we decided to get above it and headed to Alta.  The weather was bEaUtiFuL!  The temperature on our Tribeca said it was 48 degrees out and the sky was the bluest blue.  My brother works for Alta Ski Patrol and even though I don't ski I'm quite envious that he gets to wake up to such beautiful scenery every morning and work all day in it. 

 


...jealous of the scenery and blue skies Coleman works in but not of the scary mountains he skis in the dark every morning doing avalanche control...yama hama


We stayed as long as we could and tried to take as many big breaths before we headed back home.  On the way down the canyon look what greeted us...

bleh, I'm counting down to spring (or at least San Diego next month)

3 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Ok that picture is disgusting! It gives me a headache and chest pains just looking at it.

Auds Beck said...

That is one thing we are not looking forward to when we come back to SLC!! YUCK!! No mountains, no smog-it's cloudy in Cleveland but at least we can breathe!:)

caitlin and brinton said...

I'm feeling very sad, now. Since you haven't posted in a long time and every time I check up on your blog it says "feeling SAD??".