Friday, January 30, 2009

22 months!


Lucy is 22 months and in 2 months she'll be 2 - whew!  I can't believe what a little girl Lucy has turned into just within the past month.  She's getting further away from being my little baby and closer to being a miss independent little girl.  The crawling days are officially over - except for stairs - and most of the time she wants to take off into a full run.  Everyone told me as soon as she starts walking I'll wonder why I was so eager for it.  She is a little speed racer but I'm enjoying most every minute of it.  To see her wander in and out of rooms, carrying her toys and books around and just having the freedom to have a little more independence makes me so proud.  

in some pics Lucy looks SO much like my brother Coleman - good thing he's cute!

In addition to her busy-bodying around her vocab is unstoppable.  Most of the time she's using multiple words:  "I don't want that" "come on, mom" "Elmo watch now".  It's very cute and so fun to communicate through the day.  I'm trying to offer her choices and I can see the excitement in her face when she makes a decision.  She's just growing up.  

yes, this is the look I get if I dare interrupt her from her show for a picture

We usually carpool (blake and me) on my work days but Tuesday we had to drive separate.  Blake was picking Lucy up at my mom's and I made the quiet drive home alone.  I decided to call my mom and see how Lucy's day was; she had a surprise for me.  She put Lucy on the phone and as clear as day Lucy said "I love you".  Oh!  The best thing in the world.  

Baby girl, we love you so much and you are such a fun person to hang around with.  I love your funny personality and how we can just exchange looks and we'll laugh at each other.  I love hearing you call for me and when I ask you how your sleep was in the morning you answer "good" in your cute little voice. I love driving around doing our errands together and having you sing part of the words to the Taylor Swift cd.  You're growing up so fast and part of me really misses that snuggly tiny girl - but another part is just so happy for you and the little girl you are becoming.  Kisses forever baby girl, love mommy.

Lucy's first ponytail - we were very excited!

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

This post made me want to cry! Lucy is getting so old, and she's definitely so smart. I can't wait to babysit her tonight so I can see all the new things she's doing and saying. I think it's so exciting and great for all of us to see her become her own person and independent because of all the things she's been through in her short little life, and nothing ever did, or ever will, stand in her cute little way. Thanks for the babysitting job... make sure you bring her in full body armor... just kidding :)

Wendie said...

Happy 22 months sweetheart. What a way to start the day, looking at your beautiful pictures and listening to "Gimme Little Sign". Wish you were here to dance with me. Thank you for being such a happy, sweet, beautiful grandaughter. I can't believe how much fun I had with you yesterday. You take such joy in the simple things of life. I love you so,so much. Gammie

Lacey said...

Wow I cant believe it! Happy 22 months! They do just grow up way to fast. This is a fun age.

Haylie said...

Baby Bug, I love the new do!! I'm already counting on a birthday bash that will be the talk of the town! Cod, definitely count me in for a night o' Twilight!!! Love you!