Monday, July 20, 2009

one headlight

Last night we went to Red Butte to see The Wallflowers concert!  This was Lucy's second concert and she has as much fun as we did.  
Red Butte is such a great place for concerts (we saw Death Cab there last week)
and we knew Lucy had to go to this show.
When you get to lounge outside, bring in your own treats & drinks,
see zillions of dragonflies buzzing by and (eventually)
feel the cool of the canyon winds, it really
can't be beat.

Jakob Dylan is very attractive and I love his voice.  But after the show
I did some bio checking and found out he's now 40 and has 4 kids - 
wow, everyone is getting older.

I guess that's why it was such a family friendly show.  Honestly, 
I've never seen so many kids at a concert.  And not just 
skulky teenagers - tons and tons of toddlers.  
So Lucy fit in well but I think she was the only 
one with her own personal dance stage.

Blake took Lucy up to be front-row-joe and they 
waved at Jakob and he nodded and smiled back -
oh my little concert girl!

Then it was my turn to get in on the up close action 
so Lucy and I were right up front dancing the night away.

yes, we could do this every weekend...

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

cutest girl ever - I think I'm going to buy her her own personal sno-cone machine after seeing her go so nutsoid for it the other night. Cute outfit. can't wait to take her out on the kayak this weekend (jk, that'll be the day)

Jakob Dylan is seeexxxaaayyy

can't wait to see the faux-fur... fruit stands, crisp days & disney here we come...

Lacey said...

What a fun night! We need to get our girls together soon, we could go swimming!