Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tis the Season

...for all things spooky!

Lucy is having a love/hate relationship with Halloween
this year.
She talks about it non stop and is interested
in every halloween thing she sees out and about
but just when we think she's comfortable
and excited for skulls, spiders and spooks...
she freaks.

So we are trying small doses of halloween.
She asks all day during the day to hear "Monster Mash"
but at night when I played it during dinner she said
"turn it off mommy, it's scary."
She'll carry around a small skull at home
but got spooked watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"
with my parents.

It will be interesting to see how the actual night is...

We've done a lot of fun Halloween-y things this season and it couldn't
make me happier.
As I've mentioned Halloween is my FAVORITE and last
year I was dealing with back issues and eventually
surgery on the eve of Halloween -
so needless to say, we're making up for things this year!

Last week we went to Red Butte Garden's
it was so darling and I highly recommend it for anyone.
Thank goodness for us we went opening night when it was
chilly (but not snowing like today)
there are still two more dates so if you feel like braving the cold ~ go!

We went with my parents and my brother Coleman
who had just returned home from Africa the previous night.
Coleman's girlfriend Calah works at Red Butte and Lucy knows it so
she kept asking for Calah...so she was our first stop.

Calah, Coleman & Lucy

painting her pumpkin with poppa

making a potion necklace with gammy at the apothecary

digging in haystack with daddy

broom making...in preparation for broom racing!
She did it all!!

They really did a wonderful job on this event.
The garden was decorated to the max and two huge illuminated Halloween
treats were on the hills surrounding the garden - a bat and pumpkin.
This is definitely on the must-do list for Hallowe'en!


On Sunday we realized time was running out for
pumpkin hunting...so we went!



Happy Halloween!!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I just Love it! I love that she loves holloween then she doesn't. I love hearing her cute sayings when you come into work! LOVE IT! Take lots of pictures Saturday!

Alisa said...

The garden looks so fun; we'll have to hit it next year with you! Then maybe he can have more of an attention span for all those cool things they get to do. Karin Davey is in town and we are going trick-or-treating w/the little ones in Foothill Village on Sat. afternoon if you feel like braving a crowd for a (small) amount of time! Call me if you guys can make it.

And we will be stopping by the infamous Halloween party, yay! Happy Halloween!

Glad Cole is home safe.

caitlin and brinton said...

I can say without hesitation that Lucy's outfit in her pumpkin patch pic's is my favorite she's EVER worn.

I'm sad Halloween is coming to an end but I'm glad you've been able to enjoy it this year.

I also love that dad is always equipped with something puffy & some gloves.

Megan Mecham said...

I'm only slightly jealous of your fun jacket weather...it's still 90 degrees here...are you jealous?

Am-Biance said...

Oh my Codi, she is the cutest thing ever. I love reading your blog, it is so entertaining. It looks like your trip went well too. Love all the pictures, we need to have you guys over and have the kiddos play...LUcE is the sweetest little thing...Love you guys..