Friday, October 2, 2009

wee witches!

October 2nd - let the halloween festivities begin!!
Today we had to the most spooktacular day ~
with some darling ghouls!

My friend Angela and I met in high school - we became
such close friends and spent many hours laughing,
chatting and procrastinating deadlines on West high yearbook.
For the life of me I don't know how we lost touch but
thanks to good old facebook (which I previously knocked)
we reunited almost a year ago and were both overwhelmed
at how much time had passed (over ten years) and how
much we had in common.
Our best thing in common is our two little girls - Dakota
and Lucy are about three months apart - they would have
both been June babies but Lucy just had to come in
March to share her birthday month with me :)
These two are such cute friends and when
they play I get bonus time with Angela,
such a sweet, genuine, funny girl who I'm so glad to have reconnected.
We went to the first annual Breakfast with a Witch at
Gardner Village. This was such a fun activity ~
witches, music and a yummy breakfast buffet.
After breakfast we headed out to the village
to see pumpkins galore, festive activities and
of course some pumpkin fudge!


It is Wee Witches Weekend at the Village and you
shouldn't miss it!
We had fun in the photo booth,
made beaded necklaces, face painting,
halloween purses and
arrived at such a prime hour that we missed
a lot of the UEA insanity.



These girls made it through about 4 hours of
activities! Such troopers ~ but with so much
fun it was hard to stop. After the Halloween
and witchy stuff we headed for the harvest activities ~

Ang & Kota

Lucy's first non-freak out pony ride!

petting zoo time

baby calf - these sweet animals don't seem to mind




starting the hay maze ~

and they're off...

Such a perfect day.

p.s. same time next year Ang?!

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

I love Lucy's outfit, it's perfect for Halloweentime!! I love seeing her with all her cute friends. I'm glad you had fun and had good weather!

Alisa said...

I need a witch outfit for Crosby, can we borrow Luce's? I need to get over there again and browse the quilt shop.