Wednesday, January 27, 2010

hello


I've sucked at blogging lately. Even though this month of
January has drug on like no other we've found ourselves pretty busy
but just not busy in the way to want to post pictures and add witty commentary.

We're very eager for spring around here - I know we have a ways to go
but we need sun and green grass -
and I really need to stop watching so much tv.
Blake and I have been watching HGTV bleary-eyed late into the night.
We'll watch episode after episode of House Hunters and when they
say, "did they pick house one, two or three" we both (a little too)
enthusiastically shout out our choices.
I've even got him hooked on MTV's Teen Mom -
the season finale was the other night and we both got a little emotional
(blake doesn't read this so I can share).
Let me clarify that all of this viewing is done after Lucy is
down for nigh-night...
although she did throw a fit about going to bed on Monday
night and got to see the 'rose ceremony' on the Bachelor.
We just really need an extra 40+ degrees and daylight savings!

Other than that we've been doing our own house hunting -
close to thirty homes in a few weeks.
I've been doing a lot of work on the family team committee for March for Babies
with a group of great women.
I've started about four books and haven't finished one (another fault of the tv).
We've been amazed at watching both the devasation in Haiti and
also the compassion and outpouring of love for this country.
We donated what we could and both picked which celeb we'd want
to answer the phone during the Help for Haiti telethon.


This bugalicious has continued to be our entertainment and ray of sunshine! Lucy loves dance more than anything and Wednesdays are pretty much the best part of her/our week. She wakes up knowing it's dance day and we have breakfast, clean up and get dance gear on. After dance we usually have a lunch out and usually throw in some shopping, lucky for me Lucy loves Target as much as I do.



Lucy has also been doing a great job with her potty work. We're not quite ready for night time success or extended shopping trips without diapers but she's doing it her way and it seems to work for all of us. She's getting to be such a big girl.

And it kind of makes me sad... Yesterday after our errands we drove home and drove by a school. Lucy asked "who's that guy?" I told him he was a crossing guard for kids coming home from school. She said, "I want to go to school" and I told her she'd go soon enough and talked about all the fun things she'd get to do and learn. Then she said, "I'll go to school, and then I'll say goodbye to you".

Break my heart.

I immediately teared up under my sunglasses and decided I don't need to think about that now...because obviously I can't handle that thought.

So, that's about it for now...

(those 3 of you who read the blog probably are regretting saying "update already", huh? Not really worth it). But we are looking forward for February ~ Valentine's ~ Superbowl (for the snacking) ~ Olympics ~ birthday planning for Lucy! ~ one month closer to spring ~ anything else exciting!

6 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Hey! Glad to read your update. It makes me laugh to see how different you and Blake are. Such a perfect couple!

Those little ones grow up WAY too fast! Lucy couldn't be cuter.

Congrats on the house hunting. It sounds like you are pretty close to finishing up that search. Moving can be so much fun when you are finding new places for all your stuff. It's wonderful to have a place to call your own.

Sheri said...

I love reading blog updates from you. My problem is I don't always take the time to comment.
I feel the same way about the month of January...it kind of just drags. Then when February gets here is kind of just starts rolling again.
Love reading about Lucy and how big she is getting. I know what you mean about the school thing. Don't think about it now. Just enjoy her now...I am having a hard time thinking about it with my two year old.
Hope the house hunting goes well. Spring get here soon!!

Megan Mecham said...

You DO need sunshine...come see us for all your birthdays...It was 81 degrees yesterday!!!

Alisa said...

I love you!

kennan said...

you need to stop going to target without me.

caitlin and brinton said...

How did I miss this post? Weird. It's so good! I can't believe Lucy said that - I would have bawled and I'm not even her mom! She is growing up so fast and is such a wonderful little person.

I am excited for Sunday to have a food-fest!