Tuesday, January 5, 2010

love you la quinta

This was our view for the past four days
from our casita at La Quinta Resort...
I'm so ready to go back.

75-80 degree temps.
Al fresco dinners under the stars.
Crushed-citrus massage (me).
Unlimited golf (blake).
Red Mustang convertible (I cringed a little at first but it was SO fun!)
Sleeping in.
Getting ready for the day = swimsuit and bag of magazines.
Vitamin D overload.
It was blissful.



Yes, this was steps from our front door and yes we
were virtually the only ones there.

Up under the umbrellas was our destination
for morning coffee and paper (yes, we live the senior living lifestyle).

We missed Lucy and I was worried about
not enjoying myself with her not there but after our
first phone call home we were over it.
The first thing she said on the phone was
"I'm not coming to your house - I'm staying at Gammy's"
Well, alright then - see you in a few days!

No, we missed her but it was so nice to know
she didn't miss us and had a blast with my
AMAZING
parents and family.
Thank you, thank you Mom & Dad for
letting Lucy stay (and the dogs).
If we would've been away from her
any longer we would have had to send for her -
I missed my girl.


We didn't fly home until late Monday night (I mean really late -
our flight was first delayed two hours, which then turned into almost
four, then it took forever to land
because it was too gross and inversion-y for
the pilot to see - oh and I hate flying anyway)
so...since we had to check out of paradise around noon we
had some hours to spend before we left.

We got to the beach in time for sunset.


I'm usually not one to gush
about Blake (that's saved for Luce) but
seriously, I couldn't be luckier to have him.
He is my best friend and we
had such a fun time together.
He makes me laugh like crazy - all the time.
I love that he planned all of this for us
because he knew we needed it.
He does so much for us and I
couldn't have a better match.
It was so fun spending the first day of 2010 -
just the two of us. This year we will celebrate 10!
years of marriage ~ and I truly couldn't be happier
(love you).

We have a lot to look forward to
this year and I'm so happy and
excited for new adventures with my
favorite two.



Until next time...


6 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

I.do.not.like.you.anymore.

Lacey said...

OMG You look so gorgeous!!! I am so glad you had such a great time you so deserve it!

Wendie said...

This blog makes me so happy! You both really needed a fun getaway. What a beautiful spot for a little R & R. Thank you... for letting Lucy stay with us. She was such a good little girl and so much fun. (the boy's were great also). The only problem is that we really miss having her here.

Don't you think it's time to plan a fam vacation for 2010?

Love, Mom

caitlin and brinton said...

cute new look - now blog about something!

Becca said...

The resort looks amazing! It sounds amazing too, especially the part about nobody else being there. I love the picture of you and Blake - it's so cute! I'm glad you had a good time.

Natalie said...

I am certainly jealous! Good for you, taking a vacation. We're heading out too in a couple weeks. Soooooo, worried about leaving the girls. Glad it worked out great for you guys.