Wednesday, February 10, 2010

my funny valentine

she's all mine...

Lucy is miss independent these days. She wants
to pick the music in the car (Weezer & Taylor (still)), pick the movie (Mama Mia - non stop),
she wants to pick her clothes (and she really wanted to veto this pink hat but I won),
she wants to set the mood for the day and usually it's great but some days...
well, we all have those days.

The other day we strolled through trolley square obsessing over things
in both pottery barns -
I found a bedding set I loved and I asked
Lucy if she liked it "yes, get it mommy" I told her it was
too pricey (not that she understands the target vs. pottery barn price difference)
but with her hands up to her sides and in a "duh" tone she said
"just buy it - just buy it".
Over and over again.
My sweet little shopping partner can get me in trouble-
even though Lucy's a very wise almost three year old I didn't take her advice.

Speaking of almost three...
I'm not ready.
She's moving out of toddlerhood and into "preschooler" -
I'm not ready for preschool yet either but I think Lucy may be.
Registration is starting now for this fall and two of the schools
I'm looking into seem to fill up quick so I guess I better decide soon.
Any advice on preschool for a three year old? I need it!

This week Lucy received a valentine in the mail from her gammy & poppy filled
with heart stickers. I was out of the room for about 8 minutes and when I
returned Lucy showed me our new decor!

happy valentine's day!


2 comments:

Alisa said...

Happy Valentine's! That hat makes Lucy look too old! I still can't believe... preschool.

Croz was in heaven eating his chocolates... for breakfast.

caitlin and brinton said...

She made a pretty straight line with those stickers!