Sunday, June 20, 2010

farm livin' is the life for me

Aside from the farm chores and the distance from Target
I think I'd totally live on a farm.
Well maybe not...but our day Friday at Carvers Cove was so much fun
I'm all about farm living (or I guess farm life).

During the month of June is baby animal days at the farm
and it's so worth seeing baby piggies, horse, calf, goats, sheep, bunnies,
kittens, and all sorts of animals that are a lot cuter in tiny form.


Speaking of 'tiny' this little girl of mine proved to be quite the big girl -
riding a full size horse all by herself. I thought I should help hold her up there
but literally had to let go and she rode alone.
A tear was shed but luckily the great girlfriends I was with totally understood -
any mommy would.

No hesitation from this one - she took her ride very serious.

strawberry blondies - Dakota & Luce

what a lucky life for this farm dog


the baby kittens were a hit...
why do they have to grow up to be cats?

baby bunny - once Lucy held it she would have taken it right home

kid carriage
We had so much fun with our group of kiddos.
Everyone got along and had fun exploring and playing together.
After the farm we had a picnic in the local park and the kids
played even harder on the playground.
I think everyone had a nap this afternoon!





The farm is located about 90 min northeast of SLC in Eden.
I don't know if it was the perfect weather, green valley, good friends
or darling animals but this was such a fun day for me
and hopefully everyone else.

I know she had the time of her life!

a long day on the farm

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Um. Okay. Those boots? TOTALLY worth it. She looks SO grown up & cute. I am so sad I missed this. If you promise Lucy can wear her boots again, I think we should go up soon. What a fun outing! I love baby lambs!

Alisa said...

I will never forget peeking in your car to find this lil' cowgirl in red boots with a country bow. Thanks for the fun time, we loved it!

Becca said...

Oh. My. Gosh. So cute! I think Lucy needs a kitten.

Kim said...

Oh those red boots! Alisa told me how cute Lucy looked on "farm day" but you can't get the full effect until you see the pictures! What a fun outing you all had; so sweet of you to invite your friends/family.