Wednesday, June 16, 2010

summer concert series 2010

It really is summer. Even though on Saturday when I was putting out a few 4th of July decos it was 52 degrees and raining - it is summer. Time for the summer concert series lineup. Last year was tough to top but I'm excited that we have a few shows to look forward to -

Jack Johnson
(summer staple - Blake/Me (only us because my lame sister/Jack lover will be in Spain)

Natalie Merchant
Norah Jones
(very excited for these Red Butte shows and they better be worth it because a few months back I stood in line for three (yes 3) hours for tickets - Blake/Me (Lucy can come to Natalie Merchant)

John Mayer
(Caitlin & Nikki & friend - lawn 4-pack=best deal of the summer!)

ABBA tribute band
(Lucy is OBSESSED with Mama Mia so live ABBA songs outside - we're there!)

Still debating -

Jakob Dylan
(but it's next week - on a week night - and I'm feeling old)

James Taylor & Carole King
(my parents are going and after watching a PBS concert the other night I really think we need to witness the ultimate easy listening event)

Probably not happening but I'm starting to worry it'll be a massive mistake to miss -
Paul McCartney
(but having to file bankruptcy over my least favorite Beatle is kind of lame - $250 tickets!)

3 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Jack Johnson - SO jealous & sad. I HAVE to see him in the OC.

Natalie Merchant - Not feeling sad, actually.

Norah Jones is going to be good!

Can't WAIT for John Mayer!! :)

Can I come to the ABBA tribute band?! when and where is this?!

Jakob Dylan is hot.

I'm feeling like really cashing in my penny jar for James.

I agree - Paul is 4th on my list of favorite Beatles. But he's a legend! Not worth $250 though. Lower it to $100 & I might give in.

You forgot to add Hanson in Sept :)

Annie said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I had tickets to see sting last week but the show got canceled (it rained all that night anyway so it was okay.)>

My other concerts for the summer?

Does singing with the kids in the kitchen count?

Alisa said...

oooh, those all sound amazing. I have yet to witness a Red Butte concert, and have heard nothing but good. Natalie Merchant has my heart.