Wednesday, July 21, 2010

spray paint

This beauty was hanging out in my grandma's back yard and when she offered it to me I didn't think much of it. But after a scrub down, primer and HOT pink it's a fun addition to our outdoor play area.

Lucy painted the little birdhouse hanging from the planter. There are so many cute crafts in the dollar section at Michael's. They've saved us on some of these long summer days.


My mom and I stopped at a yard sale near my grandma's one morning and debated about this planter. We knew it had possibilities but we were a bit bugged the seller turned down our $3 offer for the $5 planter. I knew I'd regret it later and so we picked it up.


Amazing what a punch of color can do. This whole thing ended up costing about $8. after paint.
So, lessons learned:
Rose Park has a lot of cool metal planters lurking in backyards
If you see something cool don't walk away on a couple bucks difference - I would've been kicking myself if I walked away over $2
Don't wear shoes you care about when spray painting - mine now have a pink & green airbrush look



5 comments:

JillyB said...

good job! the planters look amazing. -jill

Henriksen TRIBE said...

Those planters turned out so cute! I love when I find great deals. Emily

caitlin and brinton said...

So CUTE~ I love them both. Although I don't know why you would spray paint the second one... it was MY color!!! Oh well, it looks cute both ways.

Kim said...

Codi-you have such a talent for decorating! The planters look fantastic! I never would have thought of the hot pink; so pretty!

Julie the Cupcake Girl said...

Hey Codi! I found your blog and stopped by to say Hi! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your planters. Yard sales are the BEST, I love to give make overs to fun stuff like that too! Your little Lucy is just precious!