Sunday, July 25, 2010

roughing it

Blake and I are awesome parents. On Saturday (Pioneer Day) we slept in and sent Lucy on her merry way with my parents to watch the parade. Then the two of us had a long, leisurely breakfast at Blue Plate while reading the paper. We considered a matinee of Inception but then remembered we have a little responsibility (named Lucy).
No, we really missed her and didn't want to miss out on her at the parade so we made our way downtown, met up with family and caught the last three minutes of the parade (yay us.)
But let it be known that Lucy was less than thrilled to see us - so any guilt we had should wash easily away when we see how much she loves her gammy and poppa time (yay us, again.)

That evening was all about us though. We're not campers or really wilderness people but it's fun to "play camping" when your husband does all the work and the tv, bathroom and internet is all within a few steps. Blake and Lucy had planned their camp out all week and really, after this setup who in their right mind would trek up into the hills for the same gig.
Hobo dinners, fire pit, roasted marshmallows, star gazing, flashlights, snuggly sleeping bags and a Parent Trap showing in the tent...our kind of camping.
I made it out there until eleven or so but decided to leave the real roughing it for daddy/daughter. They surprised me and lasted all night!



the essentials

Lucy asked to wear a "camping dress" but I don't have any pioneer garb lying around so I told her campers wear lounge clothes

See, even I participated in pioneer day with a pioneer look of headband and no makeup - yama

For being all about nice restaurants and valet parking Blake can sure play the part of camper - his hobo dinners were yum. He said the last time he had one was when he made one for himself when he was 12...sad, and odd.

These jokers showed up.



On Sunday we were invited to Little Dell with my family. Let's just say we probably won't be invited again. Or maybe I won't be invited. Blake kayaked with everyone and Lucy spent time in the Fish Hunter and the kayak and I pretty much complained.
But it was family time and that's all that matters...right?!

Annoyed with me.

Annoyed with me from afar.

4 comments:

kennan said...

if you are planning on seeing inception without us, it may be a friendship breaker.

just saying.

p.s. who gets a spaghetti @ hires?

Annie said...

oh, you guys are the family that does things.

And, I'll join you for the complainer award this weekend. No one in my family seems to want anything to do with me.

caitlin and brinton said...

Ahahahahahahaha!

well you win for looking best with no makeup.

Alisa said...

Those last 2 pics/comments really got me. You are hilarious... wish I could've been a fly on the wall. By summer's end you will be nice & satisfied with all of that camping you did!