Friday, October 8, 2010

fall project



So it seems it took a couple of weeks to get my fall decor just how I wanted it (and to find all of my pumpkins) and now it's time to decorate for Halloween...I obviously love it but last weekend when I had scheduled Halloween to make it's debut I just wasn't ready to take everything down and put stuff up. So I worked outside on a little project. I picked up this table at Emilie Jayne a couple of weeks ago. On Wednesday mornings I now have an hour to myself. Lucy is in dance again and this class is not parent-friendly. I can't believe I still haven't blogged about her sophomore year of dance but it's kind of hard when I'm not there and when I ask what she learned (2 minutes after I pick her up) she says she forgot. So I usually have just enough time to grab some coffee and do a couple of drive by's of some shops.

I had been looking for a little table or cabinet to fit in a corner in my kitchen and maybe hold my summer dishes. This piece didn't have as much storage space as I'd hoped for but it was cute and it would work. I had a hard time deciding on a paint color though.

I went with this "harvest" something from Sherwin-Williams. I like the color a lot but I'm not sure how it looks with the walls in my kitchen. It kind of clashes when the day time natural light comes in but that's the beauty of a piece like this - if it really bugs me I can change the color again.

I added a cute knob from Anthropologie. They have great hardware and a lot of it was on clearance a couple weeks ago. The weird, flashy stuff was on clearance and usually those pieces are more interesting.

Once I decorated it up a bit I think it fits the space better. It looks cozier in the evening...but everything looks better in lamp-light!

While I worked on this Blake did some yard clean-up and we started to dump our pots. It's sad that it's time to "winterize" because we've really enjoyed our first outdoor season in this house. But I'm kind of excited to work on some inside projects and experience our first winter/holidays in this house.


2 comments: