Sunday, October 24, 2010

october orange

Can you stand another fall/halloween/pumpkin post?!
If not, come back next month!

Last weekend (when we had glorious weather - I dread winter) we visited the pumpkin patch to get our carving pumpkins. Lucy was more interested in the hay maze and told me
"we already have pumpkins on the porch." Silly girl, there are decorating pumpkins and pumpkins to become jack o' lanterns.



With all of the cute fall backdrops we've had this is usually the face I get.




Last Sunday we hosted our last outdoor dinner of the season. Yummy pumpkin curry and pumpkin chili with s'mores and a fire to wrap up the night.
It's so awesome that I "host" dinner parties and usually just provide the drinks.
Blake did some amazing dinners and grilled up a storm this summer but I can fill a drink tub with ice and beverages like nobody's business!



This Friday my parents took Lucy for the evening to Red Butte's Garden After Dark. I was going to throw her in jeans and a hoodie but my mom said everyone will be in costume so we threw together a Minnie.

Since Lucy was having a sleepover Blake and I went out on a real date. Now we make sure to go out as often as we can but usually our date nights are Sunday matinees. So how cool was I eating dinner at 9:30 at night! We saw The Town which was super violent but surprisingly I really enjoyed. But with Jon Hamm and Ben Affleck...

Since we've been talking Halloween in this house since early September I think Lucy thinks I'm making it up. But finally THIS is the week. Enjoy yours!!

3 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Ahhh, I just love this time of year; there is so much going on. Lucy looks so cute as Minnie! I had a lot of fun at dinner a couple weekends ago too. Pretty soon we'll be blogging about Thanksgiving and winter activities. Crazy.

Sheri said...

This is a great time of year! I enjoy reading your posts! The food looked delicious. Never tried either of those pumpkin dishes. Lucy looks so adorable in her Minnie outfit! My kids are way excited for Halloween. Good thing it is this week. :)

Megan said...

Codi!! So good to see you at Gardner Village. I will actually leave a comment so you know that I am reading. I'm serious about getting together so I will try and call you soon.
Megan