Monday, November 1, 2010

halloween weekend


It's November. And as much as I love, love Halloween I'm ready to clean up the decorations and put away the costumes. We had a super fun (but busy) month!

We started festivities on Friday with trick-or-treating at Blake's work and then carved pumpkins that night. Saturday we took advantage of the decent weather before the rain and hit every store at Foothill village.

Strawberry Shortcake!

Part of the fun of Halloween costumes is the unveiling at my mom's party. But now that Lucy repeats every thing that is said and doesn't care for secrets we had to have a decoy costume. Up until Friday Lucy thought she was a pirate. :( She was over it because she loves Strawberry Shortcake but I felt guilty so I'll drop the sham next year.

After Foothill I opened the door for about twenty or so trick-or-treaters and Lucy and Blake toughed it out in a full downpour. She's a trooper (for candy) and could have gone even longer. Then it was off to our party...

It's league night!

Lis and D started Netflixing Mad Men so...
Don and Betty (season one)

Newlyweds Nick and Sabrina

Blake's mom stopped by and she was a bowler too

Inspired by their recent Spain trip - Matador and bull
(yes, they made their costumes)

Reunited just before his trial -
Wanda Barzee & Brian David Mitchell

The hosts - witch and nerd

Three week old Lennox couldn't be cuter in his froggy costume

Crosby and Lucy had such a fun time chasing each other on their sugar high

I don't know why we kept pulling this face

This is how we all felt at the end of the night.
I missed a few shots of cowboys, bikers and Shaun White who showed up as the night went on. Once again it was a great party - thanks mom!

Til next year!



5 comments:

Becca said...

Everyone looks so cute! My only wish is that Blake could have somehow done his hair like Woody Harrelson in Kingpin!

caitlin and brinton said...

Lucy wins best costume!

Becca said...

Make that Bill Murray, not Woody Harrelson...

Kim said...

I loved the face that you kept pulling! You guys were the best with your bowling fashions and accessories! Lucy was the cutest Strawberry Shortcake ever! What a great party.

Natalie said...

I want to go to a party like that... sounds fun! You guys are so cute, especially that Lucy. Yes, we will be around that weekend you'll be in town. Do u have my 313 number? If not my email is still the same. Call us for sure!