Sunday, February 13, 2011

happy hearts!

We've had such a fun time celebrating Valentine's this month. I decided to do a '14 days of Valentine's' for Lucy this month and found a perfect little mailbox from PBK to hold her little prizes. Each morning Lucy would find a treat, movie or little toy to celebrate. The first few days she asked who was delivering the surprises and I hadn't really thought that out so I never really answered. Blake then started calling it a 'Valentine fairy' so I guess that works.


I love Valentine's day. Some people don't like it but it's always been one of my favorites. I tend to prefer the "sub" holidays with a ranking of 1) halloween 2) valentine's 3) easter. When we were growing up my mom always made Valentine's so cute and we'd always have fun gifts to open. Lucy has loved it this year too. Her new line is "Isn't this DARling?!" So we've heard that all month!

On Saturday we celebrated our "family" Valentine's. I had signed Lucy up for a Valentine tea party at Pottery Barn Kids. That store can get outrageous on prices but just like Pottery Barn it's worth it (sometimes). They do everything up just right. Cute pink sugar cookies, punch, Fancy Nancy stories. Fun little projects and crafts to take home. I guess that's why I had to register well over a month ago and received a confirmation call the day before.
I've gone to a bunch of the classes offered at Pottery Barn and most of them have been really worth going. They offer decorating, party planning and other classes early Sunday morning. It's clean, quiet and smells wonderful. This activity was a little noisy and got messy with glitter glue but Lucy loved it.


Lucy's choice for dinner and she picked Spaghetti Factory IN the trolley.

On Sunday we made and delivered some cupcakes while Blake golfed for 14 hours. Loved the sunny warmer weather!


My Valentine!

On Valentine's night Blake and I are going to the Sarah McLachlan concert (4th row center!). I'm so excited we actually have a date/plans on Valentine's. I hope you have a SWEET day!

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

SHE LOOKS SO CUTE! I am sad I missed out on a cupcake delivery :(
I can't wait to see her, I missed her.

♥ Stephan & Michelle & Ashlyn ♥ said...

Love her Valentines outfit its to die for!! I didnt know Pottery Barn had cute things like that?...how fun! And I love the little mail bag to cute!!