Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ladybug bash

On Saturday our 'buggy' had her ladybug party with all her little friends --
and I do believe it was a success!

We met at the Sprout House at Red Butte Garden and started with smocks and painting pots.


ladybug balloons

ladybug earrings

followed by a lesson in ladybugs

then the hunt was on for aphids in the garden


8 of our bug friends - 3 must have been exploring

once the aphids were found and pots were dry it was time to plant


present time!

and as each present was opened the kids moved in closer and closer!
So cute to see all of them so excited for Lucy to open her gifts.




My favorite part of the party was seeing all of the kids in their ladybug masks! All through the garden little ladybug faces would pop up.

I just have to say...this group of kids was so fun to be around. Without siblings, cousins or school Lucy has met most of her friends through our friends. And these are the most adorable, funny, smart little kids. It was such a joy to see them all play so well together and I just love all of them. Blake and I are lucky to have some really great friends and now Lucy is just as lucky.

a happy, happy girl who has some lovely 'bug' friends!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Looks like such a fun party. I'm so sorry that we were out of town.

happy birthday, Lucy.

caitlin and brinton said...

Okay, this tops all of those lavish kids parties on Real Housewives. how fun and adorable. I love the masks. Cute kids, especially my sweet buggy who recently told me it's "a little bit weird" that I call her that. anyway, the party looks like a "great success" (insert borat accent here).

kennan said...

it was a success! i am so glad we were able to come this year. you guys are our favorite friends and i am so glad that lucy deems jude and greta worthy enough to be hers.


happy birthday miss lucy!