Wednesday, April 6, 2011

my four year old!

After the little bug party with Lucy's friends I gave into her endless requests for a Tangled party. On Wednesday March 30 we celebrated our sweet little miracle's fourth birthday! Unfortunately Lucy was struggling with a yucky cold but once the family party started she was able to enjoy herself.

Rapunzel and her locks all over the cake - you'd think the idea of this might disgust me enough not to eat it but no - Dick's Market cakes are the best.

It was a small gathering with gammy & poppa, Caitlin & Brinton, Coleman & Calah and Lucy's great-grandma 'Nani' - after the gifts inside mommy & daddy took Luce outside for her 'big' gift!

Her reaction...squatting?

And then a run in her wings and rain boots to her new playhouse!
When I first saw this in the store I kind of started to cry. I wanted this more than Lucy - because I've wanted one for almost thirty years!
Blake and his brother Brad put this all together in only one Saturday afternoon. Once the weather settles down we have BIG plans and Lucy's going to have a third of our back yard to herself!

We hope you had a wonderful birthday baby -
we love you so, so, so, so much!
Thank you for being ours.





4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

What a fun birthday party it was! I love Tangled :) Has she kissed the frog and put him in water yet??

Alisa said...

That house is amazing! Can we come play in it?! Love ya Luce.

JillyB said...

I love your decorations! We have yet to see Tangled, but it is on the list. Happy Birthday.

♥ Stephan & Michelle & Ashlyn ♥ said...

Seriously could Lucy get any cuter!!?? What a cute birthday party! And your so right Dick's Market cakes are the best! We ordered our wedding cake there for that exact reason! And holy cuteness on the playhouse where did you guys get that? Is it sad that I dream of the day I can get Ashlyn one, and somehow sqeeze my fat body in it to play to?? lol :) Happy Birthday Lucy!!