Sunday, April 24, 2011

bunny magic

We started the Easter weekend with a hunt at Wheeler Farm. I really envisioned this Easter (being so late) with lots of sun and springy clothes but still...winter coats!



Poor Lucy. In the race to get to the 9:30 am hunt I forgot her basket so she had to use one of our reusable bags from the back seat of the car. Usually I would see kids like this and feel so bad that their parents wouldn't bring them a cute basket...not my finest.


Easter morn! So on Christmas we had to wake Lucy up to see if Santa came but for Easter she was racing in our bed waking us up at 6:45 to see if the bunny came...and he did. That sneaky bunny hopped in, filled the basket, hid the eggs, ate the carrots and milk and left a note for Lucy.



As quick as we were done at our house Lucy said she was sure the bunny stopped at Gammy's so we called and woke my parents up so we could have a bright and early hunt there too.


The rest of the afternoon and Easter dinner was at my grandma's house. I have the best holiday memories at Nani & Grandpa's. We'd do the traditional plastic egg hunt with money and each of us grandkids would have their own color of eggs to find. I had a mini breakdown during the week that Lucy would miss out on this memory - no siblings, no cousins. But by the magic of the bunny Lucy had her own plastic egg money hunt - and she didn't even have to fight off any cousins. (actually for me that was the fun part - so come ON someone and have a baby!)


Sandy, Tracy and the girls are so artistic! They did the most amazing eggs I've ever seen. This one above was Tangled - just for Luce - and by far her favorite.


I'll share my cousins with Lucy until she has her own. It was such a lovely Easter and even though I didn't get to see all of my family (C&B - San Diego C&C - Alta) it was a fun day! I really don't know what we did before Lucy on the holidays. All of my excitement that I had when I was a kid has come back with her and it makes traditions, family, memories and holiday so special.

haylie, meg, lucy & aspen

3 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

I should be working but instead I'm reading this. What beautiful pictures of Lucy. And the Ferguson girls. I am sad we missed out on Easter. But next year we'll be there... probably not with any eggs hatching soon, unfortunately for you.

Lacey said...

SO CUTE!!! Saturday morning Kylee got to put her eggs in a Harmons orange bag! So, your not the only one out there that forgot the basket! Looks like you guys had a great Easter!

Alisa said...

That last picture is incredibly darling... looks like a fun Easter. Love her dress! And love the eggs... those are amazing; the one with the beads...