Monday, June 13, 2011

southern utah

It's been a week since we returned from our little southern Utah getaway. I've been pretty lazy enjoying summer (finally) since we've been home but this trip was a success and needed to be documented. About an hour after Lucy's dance recital we were on the road to St. George.

Our first night we had tickets to Tuachahn to see The Little Mermaid. Our cute friends the Nance family had tickets too and were staying the night in St. George before moving on the next day to Disneyland - yeah jealous. We got to chat at dinner before the show and Lucy and Dakota got in a mini playdate.

Lucy and cute Flounder after the show.

I thought the show was a-mazing! I loved in more than Blake (tired) and Lucy (scared of Ursula) but I think overall they both enjoyed most of it. Does anyone want to drive down and see Grease?! I've never seen anything at Tuacahn and was so impressed.

Waiting for breakfast at the Bear Paw - peanut butter pancakes are worth the wait.

We took advantage of the splash pad - wading area. It was Sunday and pretty empty so I put my paranoid-of-rotavirus concerns aside and let Lucy be four.

Monday we were up bright & early and in Zion National Park.


She looks like a natural but prefers pretty pools, nice linens and a fun restaurant...just like her mom (and who are we kidding, just like her dad too).


No, we all really enjoyed ourselves and I didn't complain once about our mini hikes. It was a beautiful day and Blake and I even wanted to stay in the park longer - but Lucy said she was hot - and I think it was 78 degrees....
So this is the oddest but so cute new thing Lucy's been doing. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago. At home, restaurants, she would put her hands together like this for just a second and close her eyes and then eat. She doesn't say anything and it lasts a split second. I hesitated to ask what she was doing - religious practices are kind of a personal thing - but finally had to know. She rattled off some weird OCD explanation about how she's cleaning or calming (she's said both) her hands before she eats. So maybe it's not a prayer like I thought but whatever it is it's adorable.

We finished off the trip with a stop for squeaky cheese and cow watching.

It was a fabulous trip!



5 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

This is one of my favorite posts you've EVER done.

That little boy really is like her destiny... they look so cute together - like they could be best buddies. I want him to move here.

Will you please print that picture of her in the red rocks for me, like an 8x10 or the next size down and let me frame it? (I'm seriously asking, just so you know)

Lacey said...

wow look at her hair! Its getting so LONG! What a FUN trip and I agree with Caitlin LOVE the picture of her and fishy!!!

Alisa said...

Nothing like a trip chock full of adventures, I like what I'm seeing here! Her swimsuit! And prayers.

Kim said...

What a fun trip! Can't believe we were in the same hotel Sat. night and didn't know it; I must communicate better! Glad you had a good time. Lucy is looking so much older....where is the time going?

Am-Biance said...

Have I mentioned I LOVE your blog???! I could just eat her up..I think that her little "prayer/calming" action is probably the cutest thing ever. Love all her little adventures.
Miss you guys!