Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tangled!

Lucy's dreams came true when Miss Julie announced their spring recital would be Tangled! Since I don't sit in on her dance class I wasn't even sure if it was true for awhile because Lucy has been OBSESSED with Tangled forever. But she was right and I've been looking forward to the spring show for a long time.

Lucy with her Tangled curls. So right before Lucy's first number (and the first dance of the whole recital) she said "I might have to pee". I asked if she could hold it and she said yes and scooted herself on stage. Well the girls were standing up there as Miss Julie welcomed the audience and recapped pretty much all of the Tangled story. Blake and I were sitting on the floor up close with video and camera rolling and Lucy starts dancing around (not in the tap and ballet sort of way) and then my favorite moment - starting holding herself. I just prayed the music would hurry and start. I figured once she started dancing she'd forget about it. Well the story of Tangled was running a tad long and Blake said "I'm taking her - do you know what it will do to someone if they pee themselves on stage?!" Uh, no, but maybe he does?! Good daddy that he is he ran on stage, grabbed Luce and told Miss Julie (in the middle of her speech) they were out of there.
Well according to Miss Julie - the show must go on! She told Blake to put her back on stage and told Lucy (over the microphone) that she had to go to the bathroom too so they'd both have to hold it. The whole audience laughed and Blake reluctantly plopped her back to the dance line. Yikes. I so didn't want to have to clean up pee in front of a packed house.
Luckily our little rock star held it and danced her little heart out - what a dramatic intro!

This show, costumes, set and music was by far the cutest of all of Lucy's performances - we love ourselves some Rapunz & Flynn.

Lucy and her dance bestie Amelia.

"The show must go on!"


So proud of our girl!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Classic story! Cutest girl of all!