Tuesday, July 12, 2011

book worm


My genius.
Well she's not reading yet but she earned herself her very own library card. We've been working on writing numbers and letters this summer. Lucy could practice all day so it's not much of a thing to 'work' on for her but she's done so well I thought this would be a fun reward. Last week we went to the library for the puppet show (still can't decide if this is a hit or miss) and then Lucy got her card, 5 books & movie.
The librarian was so cute with her and when she asked for her name Lucy stood on her tippy toes and in her clearest voice said "Lucy-Cate-Schreck".
My big girl.

Between her bedroom, playhouse and playroom things that don't belong to us are sure to get lost so all library books have to stay in a separate space. I probably should use this same strategy on redbox rentals. I could have bought Barbie Fairy Secret for as many $1 nights we had it before returning.

This last picture was from my phone one night when we drove up Millcreek. We walked as far as this trail marker and then I felt creepy crawlies on my legs (or possibly a breeze) and it was time for me to get back in the car. But I just love this picture of Lucy. Eyes closed, long curls and those red pants!

Lucy was finally able to get out for a legit hike this past weekend. Lucy, Blake and her Poppa hiked to Dog Lake bright and early. I heard Lucy was a champ but it's a good thing she can still fit into the hiking pack because she needed a few breaks.

In between the summer fun we've had some lazy pool days, movie days and backyard pb&j picnics. Ahhhh...the thick of summer!


3 comments:

kennan said...

should we day hangout? i dare you.

Annie said...

I'm totally impressed.....I don't even have a library card!

Am-Biance said...

K, loving the library basket! Looks like a fun summer..we need to get together soon.