Wednesday, September 7, 2011

preschool


The first day of preschool was a success all around!
The night before I admit (if you didn't read my post below) I was kind of a basket case. I was nervous, sad and doubting if I would be able to be there for the drop-off in the morning. But we all woke up excited and happy and all of the uneasiness from the night before was gone.

Lucy was literally squealing about school. Blake and I both took the day off because we both wanted to see her walk into her class and hear all about her day when we picked her up. Blake made Lucy a yummy breakfast but with all of the excitement she only had a few bites.




We got to the preschool and it was so quiet. I expected madness but mostly it was a lot of nervous/excited kids and parents taking pictures.

Lucy gave hugs and walked right into her class. She knew from the open house to get her name tag and to wash her hands. We stayed a bit in the doorway (with ten other parents) to spy and make sure she was fine...and she always is.
She looked so big in her classroom. I mean, hello, she did make it onto the growth charts last month for the very first time - 1st percentile!!
She seemed older and very ready to be where she was.


Blake and I had almost 3 hours for a Tuesday morning date - so we went to Costco and Target.
And I guess Blake 'coupons' now...


We picked her up and she kept saying "it was so fun!"
Lucy loves Halloween (of course) and it's practically the middle of September so for her first day of school gift she got a giant Halloween coloring book and Halloween-ish/Pirate pajamas.


Blake and I handled it much better than expected. I teared up a little walking into the preschool but it was mostly because of all of the excitement and emotions from the parents and kids you could feel in the fall-ish air.

Lucy did amazing but I didn't expect anything less.
Here's to a happy school year!
(and a couple of free hours to browse as many "boring" stores I wish!)

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I thought about you all day yesterday! I am so proud of you all! School is such a big GREAT step for the whole family! I am so happy to hear of the great time she had and you two had on your date! Ok, I want to coupon and don't understand it much, how is he?

Jackie Sanders said...

So cute that you both took the day off, and what a doll! Getting so big! Oh, laughed out loud when you said 'I guess Blake Coupons now.' SO funny!
Maybe he should start a husbands only coupon class.