Wednesday, September 21, 2011

11 years!

Eleven amazing years with my bestie!

Blake brought home pretty fall flowers for me. And just because he's that great of a husband and daddy he brought some home for Lucy too.

We had a family date night out to dinner and to the Bakery for desserts outside. Such a beautiful fall night. We told Lucy all about our wedding - how it rained but stopped long enough for outside pictures, our wedding cake that would have been taller than her (or two of her) and how we went to California for our honeymoon. She was pretty disgusted we didn't stop at Disneyland. Then she asked, "was I just a tiny baby at your wedding?"


Earlier today I got probably the coolest gift from my friend Angie. She left a sweet happy anniversary message for me and mentioned an Earth, Wind & Fire song that has the lyrics "Do you remember, the 21st night of September". I thought it was some obscure song but cool that it had our wedding date in the lyrics. When I looked it up on youtube....seriously?!!?! THIS is the song?! I've had many a shimmies to this song and never did I know (and no one EVER told me) it had these lyrics! Seriously, the best news ever. We drove home tonight with the windows down rocking out to this song. Now I want to renew my vows just so we can have a dance party and bust this out along with some Redbone. Thanks Ang - this kind of made my day!



*try not to have a seizure watching this video.


Blake,
'I thank my lucky stars, that you are who you are'.

I love, love, love you so much.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary. 11 years is awesome - you guys are the coolest.

Sheri said...

I love this post! I kind of had fun rockin out to the crazy video! :) Happy Anniversary to a great couple with a beautiful daughter!!

Am-Biance said...

You guys are the sweetest.....love the flowers girls! And congrats....now that song will always remind me of you guys!!! And that makes me happy cause I love that song.....cheers! ;)