Tuesday, September 20, 2011

september




One of my favorite days of the year is when we caravan to Perry and the infamous 'fruit way' to buy a bunch of pumpkins, eat a lot of rolls at Maddox and wrap it up with typically the first fall drive of the season. This year did not disappoint.

Pumpkins were out in force and we spotted a few orange and yellow leaves on the mountains.


My sister is kind of obsessed with me so she dyed her hair red on Saturday afternoon and then invited us all over to her back yard forest for yummy food and time around the fire pit.

I should have a picture of Caitlin's cute hair but Lucy seems to be the only subject of these photos.

Brinton & Caitlin's back yard looks amazing. There's a zillion little twinkle lights and mason jars with candles. I would totally steal this idea but Blake doesn't do well with heights or electrical projects. Brinton has worked so hard and their whole yard and garden is a cozy woodland retreat.

Lucy slept over and kind of couldn't wait for us to leave and have her night begin.


Suk and Wedge had kind of a traumatic day at the groomer earlier in the week. Our regular groomer is not available so we've been on a search to get these mangey mutts groomed. Blake found a place but when I dropped them off only big dogs were around - like pit bull type dogs. These little boys were terrified. Well, almost nine hours and about $100. later Blake picked up the boys. Wedge was handsome as always but my poor baby Suk had all the long hair on his ears cut off and any hair he had on his stump tail was gone (when we bought him 10 years ago for our first anniversary he was discounted because of his stump tail). My poor Suk. He was embarrassed for a few days and he's still shivering so we took them to the party to cheer them up.

Pit-bull ears.

My favorite month of the year!

1 comment:

caitlin and brinton said...

I will promptly direct Brinton to look at this post, as he will be very proud and happy for your recognition. I love Maddox and fruit stand day. I love spendovers with Lucy. I love September. Thanks for coming over!