Wednesday, December 19, 2007

OoMpA LOoMPa!

My poor grandma fell last week in front of her house while trying to move a huge branch that fell. She broke both wrists and dislocated her elbow. She had surgery last week and has had to be pretty much immobile at home. On Saturday night Blake was at the Jazz game so Lucy and I headed to my grandma's to help out on a shift. Caitlin and Brinton came too and my cousins Haylie, Aspen & Meg have pretty much been living there. Us cousins hung out to help my grandma; I don't know how much we did to help her but we sure had a fun time hanging out. I brought gingerbread houses to make and we had such a great time laughing, joking and singing to the radio. We listened to Christmas songs for awhile but then "Saturday night Showtunes" came on and the girls went cuckoo. I'm not one for showtunes but after I saw how excited Caitlin and my cousins got for one of the songs I might just have to rent Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! These girls are the best and I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. I hope we brought some comic relief to Nani and filled her house with laughter and love. Thanks for a fun night girls!

Our wild Saturday night!


We took this project pretty seriously, but I DID keep an eye on my grandma and Lucy. Brinton visited with Nani most of the night and Lucy was not interested so she napped.

our masterpieces

The only low-point of the night was convincing my cousins I am turning 30 in a few months (groan...) hopefully they'll still want to hang out...

1 comment:

caitlin and brinton said...

Whoa! Haylie and I look so alike in that last picture. This night was so fun! It was such a great idea and I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time either. Thanks ladies, and Codi!
(Where's the Guitar Hero pic?)