Sunday, May 2, 2010

kind & generous

Wow.

That pretty much sums up what I've been thinking the past couple of days. I have been so overwhelmed at the generosity, work and love of friends, family & strangers this past weekend and it has been such a wonderful example to teach Lucy. I know she's only three but when this much good work is being done you have to try and get across the importance.

On Friday Lucy and I had the privilege to go to my dad's work and accept a donation to our March for Babies team for $300! They have a new gifting program and my dad happened to talk to the right person at the right time and we were bestowed this great gift.
Lucy and I brought cookies and all of our appreciation and got to visit Poppa at work and accept our check.
Thank you dad and thank you United Stationers!
My dad really works with some great people and we're so lucky we got to thank them in person.



These two...what can I say?
My aunt Kim came up with the fabulous idea of a bake sale to help raise money for Team Lucy Bug! Kim and my cousin Alisa worked, baked, packaged, made posters, spread the word and did a million other little things to make this a BOOMING SUCCESS!!
Kim & Alisa make delicious goodies on their own and they got some wonderful additions from my great aunt Beth, my mom, sister, other cousins and family; everyone contributed in one way or the other. Cupcakes, pies, fudge, cookies, cinnamon rolls...
you name it - it was there!
Oh, and I...brought bottled water.

the cold & rain didn't stop people from getting their treats!



every detail was perfect - packaging, cute baskets, a raffle,
we're talking pros here!

We were hoping to make a couple hundred dollars but after a
drumroll on the lawn we heard the incredible total $778.!!!!!

Thank you ~ thank you to everyone who helped in any way, who bought a treat
or even drove by and waved! Thank you to the sneaky ones who only took $5. in treats and left almost ten times that amount. Thank you for the laminated signs that the rain couldn't ruin. And thank you forever to Kim & Alisa who may have done
so amazing that everyone is looking forward to next year's sale...

I'll say it again and again, I don't know how I ever got so lucky to have the BEST friends & family ever!

p.s. Go Team Lucy Bug! We've made our goal!




5 comments:

kennan said...

so sad we couldnt make it.

aren't you suppose to be emailing me something? thats what i thought.

p.s. i love lucy.

Mackenzie said...

Congratulations!!! That is incredible!!

Wendie said...

As Lucy's gammy, I would also like to add my thank you. Everyone involved went over and above what we had expected but Kim and Alisa were unbelievable in what they prepared. Much love to you all!!

Kim said...

Did we have fun or what?! We are so grateful to EVERYONE that helped us by baking, buying, standing in the rain and cold and being supportive in every way. Caitlin, you're the best with a sign - we know you stopped a few cars! We're very excited for the walk on the 15th! Thanks for letting us be involved in your cause. GO TEAM LUCY BUG! XOXO

Natalie said...

Codi, you are super inspiring to me! Lucy is a blessed little girl. I wish we could come walk with you guys. Have fun!