Wednesday, December 29, 2010

and to all a good night!

Ahhh. Christmas 2010 has come and gone.

We had a great one along with a nice Christmas season. The actual day comes and goes so quickly that I'm glad we did as many activities in December as we could squeeze in. The week of Christmas I was a little nervous though. On Monday I woke up with the worst stomach flu I've had in some time (lovely that I'm documenting). I was sick all day and into the night and the next morning woke up fine. Tuesday I came home from work just in time to witness it hitting Lucy...at the dining room table. I found out that night that it's a good thing I only have one child because two sick kids would send me into a full blown panic attack. Our poor girl does not have a lot of extra reserves to lose so with each puke I worried more. Luckily Blake helped the situation by making us a cozy family bed complete with a throw up bowl for Lucy and popcorn for us. He found every season of The O.C. "Christmukkah" episodes (we own all seasons and yes it's one of our FAVORITE shows...do yourself a favor - Netflix!) and we watched all four hours of it while Lucy woke up every twenty minutes to get sick. The next morning she was pretty much back to herself. Blake thought he dodged a bullet but just in time for Christmas eve with his family it hit him. Luckily he's not as dramatic (and miserable) to be around when sick so he played it off well.

We spend our Eve with the Schreck family alternating houses. Clint and Abby hosted this year and they made a delicious dinner (Blake wouldn't know) in their cute festive house.

Blake, Kyle, Bob, Janet, Brad, and Clint (and his dog Dozer)

Lucy had an up-do for the evening

Home for Christmas jams, one present (always a book) and leaving out her bargaining chips (cupcakes and milk) for Santa

These jams are so cozy and cute and probably will make a reappearance next year.

Santa brought Lucy the unicorn pillow pet -
seriously, did every kid get these this year?!


Poor Suk. The first time in 9 years he didn't get one gift. His sidekick Wedge didn't either but I figure over $1,000+ in vet bills is Christmas enough this year.

We made the 90 second journey to my parents' house where we all got spoiled yet again. Luckily my brother was able to dig himself out of Alta so we were all together Christmas morn!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel!

Notice the neglected Cabbage Patch in the background...
she was not interested and must not share my love/obsession with CPK.

The next stop of the day was my great aunt Beth's home. Lucy got to see her favorite Crosby and my brother got to hold a Santa baby! Little Lennox is the cutest thing ever.

I wish Caitlin and/or Coleman would have their own already.


The night wrapped up at my grandma's house and apparently so did my picture taking...
this is my cousin Aspen's body (not face) and the arm of her bf/bff (?) Cody - who I like to use as my babysitter whenever we're at my grandma's. I like to give my cousins the third degree on their dating lives, school them on the latest breakups in hollywood and impress them with my rapping skills (glee karaoke - gold digga.)

Christmas was perfect, we were all well and we went home feeling so blessed & happy.

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

I vote for her hair in an up-do every day. I love it! Christmas was fun.

Kim said...

Love your pictures! My favorite is the Rapunzel hair - complete joy on her face!

kennan said...

not quite sure lucy got enough presents.... just saying.

can we hang out? i need an ADULT date night. let us know.

Lacey said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I second Caitlin love her "up-do"!!!