Monday, December 13, 2010

christmas twirls

Candy smile!

This weekend was holiday dancing overload! Lucy's winter recital landed on the same day as our date with the Nutcracker. I must say Lucy looked beautiful in her frosty blue snowflake ensemble. For the winter recital it's "dancers choice" as far as costumes are concerned and we loved this costume so much it might just make another appearance next year.

Umm, is someone getting taller?! This group of girls are all three years old and it looks like Lucy might be catching up (a little!) in height. She's perfect just as she is but it was fun to see how grown up she look compared to last year's "baby" class.

"oh, by golly!"

What a wonderful sight! A full row devoted just to watch our little girl twirl. We have the most amazing, supportive family ever.

Lucy and her dancing bestie Amelia

The one and only Miss Julie



After the recital we celebrated my mom's birthday with a late breakfast at my house. We surprised my mom with tickets for the Nutcracker that night. The bonus gift was that Lucy would be joining us for the evening. Lucy also had a little gift for her super job performing - a little twin dancing statue.





Look how much Blake enjoys the holidays!



So my parents, Caitlin, Lucy and I headed to the Capitol Theater with all of us crossing our fingers Lucy would be on her best theater behavior and not get us all booted out.
And she was wonderful!
I mean two hours of ballet with no words is a bit much for any little kid to handle but Lucy followed the whole story, loved the dancing and costumes and couldn't have enjoyed herself more. I conveniently sat her between my parents so I could pretend to not know them if she started freaking out but she was superb. Caitlin on the other hand busted open a bottle of diet coke two minutes into the show with the loudest "psheeew" to ever be heard.



We had such a fun, Christmas-y weekend. I've said it before but what did we do before Lucy?!

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Thanks for posting all those flattering pictures... including "duck face". I think I'll start doing that in every picture just to piss people off. And Lucy looks so adorable in EVERY picture. She was a lovely little lady this weekend. It was fun!

Lacey said...

I love her dance costume! Looks like you guys had a GREAT weekend!!