Monday, December 20, 2010

breakfast with St. Nick

We made the reservations clear back in early September but our breakfast with Santa on Saturday was SO worth the wait!
Our party of three made our way to the Grand America hotel that was decked out in all holiday coziness. Festive trees, perfect decorations and yummy food awaited.

Oh and Santa too!

The "breakfast" was a full buffet with special attention to kids and their typical palates. In the center of the room was a kid size buffet just a few feet off the ground so the kids could see what they were adding to their plates. Little corn dogs, mac & cheese, french toast sticks and darling mini desserts just for little hands to reach. Around the perimeter of the kids' table were the adult offerings but I didn't realize that until I made a full plate of kid food for myself.

During breakfast we suddenly heard the jingle, jingle of Santa and Mrs. Clause - they came out singing Santa Clause is Coming to Town! After the song and cheers holiday music started playing and the duo made their way around to the tables.
After the table visit you could go into another room after breakfast for a little photo shoot.
You could do as many poses (one with just Lucy - one with us) and they print the pictures for you right there - included with the event!

watch out - here she comes!

After breakfast we spent some time walking around the hotel. They have holiday windows somewhat reminiscent of the old ZCMI holiday windows. They also have a great display of gingerbread houses that I teased Lucy I was going to eat. She wasn't amused.
Even if you don't do the breakfast anyone can walk through and see all of fun in the hotel.



What a fun morning! It will be hard to go back to a mall Santa after this.

*oh and for my entertainment I spent a good ten minutes watching some dad methodically haul out about two pounds of fresh raspberries in a plastic milk jug. I guess he wanted to get his money's worth.

1 comment:

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

I really need to comment more. I love your blog. I love seeing your little Lucy. She is so adorable. What a FUN idea to have breakfast with Santa... I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I cant wait to see what you all did. You have an amazing family.