Thursday, February 21, 2008

March for Team Lucy Bug!

Blake and I have decided to participate in the March of Dimes - March for Babies. This walk was previously called Walk America and it is a fundraising walk for the March of Dimes which provides research, prevention and support for premature babies. All of you who read this blog know that Lucy was ten weeks early and I believe the advances made to help premature babies has come in part from the March of Dimes.

We have created Team Lucy Bug! And we will be walking a 3 mile walk at Wheeler Farm on Saturday April 26 at 10:00am. Anyone who wants to join our team is welcome. All you have to do is join our team online and register as a participant. There is no fee to join but we are asking each team member to donate themselves or get donations in the minimum of $25. Our team goal will be $790. This is to represent $10. for every day Lucy was in the NICU. If you want to join the team you can register on this link: www.marchforbabies.org/503252 From this link you can click on "join this team" and register your information (on your personal $ goal amount put in at least $25. - if you are ambitious and want to try and raise more money through donors please set a higher goal - usually people will be more inclined to donate if you haven't met your goal yet) and then email me to let me know you are joining so I can give you some more information. If you cannot walk but would like to donate to our team you can click on the team site listed above or on my link: www.marchforbabies.org/codi21 I also have a pledge badge on the right side of the blog that you can click and will take you directly to the site.

Thanks so much for participating! We would like to know a definite count for our team so please let me know by March 15 if you can join.

If you have any questions let me know!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh Codi this is FANTASTIC, you can count me in! I really think this is great. you are such an amazing person. Love you!

Sandy said...

This is a beautiful thing to do. I'm so proud of you and your thoughtful, lovely ways. You can add me to Team Lucy Bug! What a great idea!