Friday, February 29, 2008

Help, I've sat down in a chair, and I can't get up...

So I guess it really all goes downhill from here. Next week I'm turning 30. I'm really not too happy about it. I know it's not the end of the world and I'll forget about it a few days later but it still bugs. And to top of the big day next week I've had a preview of things to come with my ancient old woman body. On Monday I was out and about running errands with the bug having a grand day. I was so excited for the forecast for the rest of the week - sunny! So we had planned walks and time spent out of the house looking for signs of spring. But, as we got home from errands I was pulling Lucy and her giant carseat out of the backseat when, aaahhhh, my back gave out. At first it wasn't that bad, I even got to visit baby Crosby (my cousin's new darling baby boy) at the hospital that night. But the next morning I could hardly make it out of bed. Blake had to take Lucy to my mom's because there was no way I could lift her (I know she's only 11 lbs, but still). I made it to work but every time I got out of my chair I would cry out a little and I think I scared some people. By Tuesday night I couldn't do anything. Wednesday morning I woke up and couldn't pick Lucy up. I felt like an awful mother because she just cried and cried and I couldn't get her. I called my mom and then Blake crying not knowing what to do. So Blake took matters into his own hands. He got me a dr. appt. and called my mom and made arrangement for Lucy and me. He came from work and took me to my appt. (strained lumbar, 800 mg ibuprofen) and took us to my mom's. My great parents took care of Lucy and me for the next 24 hrs. We stayed that night because I knew the next morning I'd be the same so I might as well stay with someone who's physically capable to take care of Lucy. Anyway, we came home yesterday afternoon and this morning I think I'm feeling pretty good. Caitlin and Sabrina brought me Coldstone last night and I relaxed on the heating pad watching Lost.

This is a pretty "poor me" post. I just hated not being able to take care of Lucy but as always, my parents were there for us. Hopefully I can still salvage what's left of our sunny forecast and get out for a walk with the bug. And hopefully, 30 won't be as bad as I think.

3 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Codi- You've been an old woman since you were in Jr. High.

Anonymous said...

Codi, I'm really sorry but I have been laughing hysterically because of Caitlin's comment. I'm happy I raised such loving children. Hope you are feeling better. I hated to see you in so much pain, but it was so nice to spend time with you and that little jabber bug. Love you!!

Sandy said...

You'll never be an old woman!! Old is a state of mind and you are too clever to get old! I loved your story...you should write a book! Just keep taking your 800 mg and get better by your big day...Thirty, Flirty and Thriving!
Love, Sandy ps there's nothing like a sister when it comes to sympathy!