Monday, March 3, 2008

11 Months!

11 months baby girl! This is our last month of the first year - it's amazing how fast the time flies. Lucy is such a joy to all of us and she is getting to a stage (I say this during each stage) that is so fun to watch and be involved with. Last night she officially said da-da; now I don't think she gets that name means dad/Blake but she said it and he (da-da) was pretty pumped. So far she is saying, baby, ga-ga (my mom, grandma) and da-da. I know she's saving ma-ma for a day I really need to hear it!

Lucy is doing great on her sitting, rolling, close to crawling and better about wanting to stand. Her physical therapist said she's right on track for her preemie/adjusted age and she's really happy with her progress. This week her new thing is a tongue obsession. She's figured hers out and it's out all of the time. She thinks mine is funny and wants to grab it but she laughs harder if I hurry and put it back in my mouth. Who knew that these games would be the best part of my day?!

We're very excited about Spring around here (I'm almost giddy about daylight savings this Sunday). Lucy's already been on walks with my mom (ga-ga) and has seen her squirrel from last fall. She loves the breeze on her face but still needs to get used to the sun or get used to wearing her cool sunglasses. My dad, my siblings, Blake and me are true sunglass worshippers. The tiniest hint of daylight causes our eyes to water and we can't be without our shades. I can tell this will be true for Lucy too but right now she just wants to bury her face into me - my little vampire baby!



Lucy is such a smart girl and her cute little trick lately is reading out loud. She turns the pages of her books and babbles like she's reading out loud. I'm so happy this girl loves books as much as I do. I could spend all afternoon in a pile of books with her and she never tires of listening, looking and turning pages.



We've had a healthy winter so far (knock on wood) and Dr. Fox is happy with everything the bug girl is doing. We have 2 more shots of Synagis this season and I truly believe that has helped Lucy stay well. We hunkered down this winter but not nearly as much as I thought we would and she's done fine. We're still OCD about us and others constantly washing our hands and using Purell but shouldn't everyone be a little OCD about germs??!!




Happy 11 months baby bug. Less than a month until your big birthday - I already feel a cry-fest coming on! Love you princess, forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Codi, I absolutely love these pictures! She's so adorable!

Lacey said...

Happy 11 months. I am so happy for all of you! I can't wait until I can walk in her honor! I just loved playing with her the other day. She is so funny and smart. I think its so crazy to see how much she has changed sense the last time I seen her. They grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute with her. I know you will. Love you all.

caitlin and brinton said...

Pretty soon I'll be able to blame your stink eye towards me on the sunshine! Hallelujah! It's going to be so fun this Spring/Summer taking walks and having BBQ's and picnics. You better work up an appetite to burgers, and fast! :)
Love you all and can't wait for the fun coming up in these warmer seasons.

Anonymous said...

Happy 11 months, Lucy! You are looking extra cute these days. Keep reading and we'll see you soon! Love you guys.

Lis