Friday, March 7, 2008

Woo hoo! I'm thirty!


Yesterday was the big day. I turned thirty and I was kind of dreading it. Actually, I had no intentions of blogging about it but it turned into such a good day I had to! I went to work yesterday to find my entire desk area decked out in "Oh no the big 3-0" streamers, confetti, musical computer toppers and then a nice big fat chocolate cake! Thanks friends.

I picked Lucy up and we had a nice relaxing afternoon and took a mini siesta - usually I'm against me taking naps during the day but since I'm old I guess it now will become part of the routine. That night we met my family for dinner at Z'Tejas and had a good meal with the "perfect child" Lucy. Honestly, I'm holding my breath because one day I know she'll have a major restaurant freak out.



We went back to my parents and I got tickets from Cait to see Annie next month (yay!). A darling, springy apron and purse, my necklace I've been begging for and some other fun things from my mom and dad. Then Blake pulled out a blue Tiffany box (I've been complaining since Christmas that Lucy has Tiffany and I don't). He got me a super cute link bracelet with a C charm. It was a grand birthday but then Blake made my dreams come true. He handed me a paper and on it was our trip itinerary for DISNEYLAND!!!!! I have never been so surprised and excited. I love Dis with all of my heart. I love the ocean and I love California! And now in less than a month the three of us are flying out for a 4-day trip of pool lounging, ocean experiencing, Main Street USA sweet smells and the wonderful Mouse! This was truly such a dream of mine. I know Lucy is so young and won't remember anything. I know that this trip will not be a marathon trip with non-stop rides. But this is the trip we need after a year of extremes highs and lows. To just enjoy the park on a laid back scale and just spend time with each other. To live in the moment and see Lucy's excitement even if she forgets the next day. Blake is a great husband and I am so lucky that he planned this for us.





So be prepared for Disney countdown - I can hardly wait!!! (29 days...)




3 comments:

Lacey said...

I am so happy for you! Lucy will love it when she is 5 or 6 looking back at all the pictures of her first time at Disney Land. I am so jealous. I can't wait to take Ky agian.

caitlin and brinton said...

SO JEALOUS of your whole birthday! And so jealous that you'll ride the new Pirates and Nemo Ride before me. How lame. Lucy is going to love it, and maybe she'll even become accustomed to the sun. I can't wait to see her bathing suit pic's in her awesome shades. Glad you had a good birthday. Love you guys

Sandy said...

I wish we could go too and see Baby Bug's smiles...and yours too! Just think how great the next thirty birthdays are going to be!
Love,
Sandy