Monday, May 19, 2008

What's in a name?

The other day Blake asked me if I was glad we picked the name Lucy for Lucy? Um, there really is no other name we could have ever picked! I've never known someone whose name fit them so well. Of course she's Lucy! While I was pregnant we had a couple of names we liked but as soon as we found out she was a girl we were pretty definite on Lucy. Every now and again I'd throw a new idea at Blake but before I could get it out he said "I don't like it, I love Lucy". I secretly knew all along we'd pick the name but of course you have to go through a bunch of other choices just to see how they roll off the tongue.

Anyway, today a few days after our name conversation I got a catalog in the mail from a very cute (but super pricey) baby/kids bedding and room decor company serenaandlily.com. In the catalog they have styles of rooms/bedding and each style has a certain name. The names have a brief description and halfway through I came across the "Lucy" line. It reads:



"Lucy is a charmer. She has a mega-watt smile,

has never met a stranger, and she can talk her Dad into

(just about) anything. But the best thing about Lucy?

She's truly gracious, inside and out."


Oh my goodness! I had to tape that up on the fridge and I almost bought a $60. pillow from the line!


p.s. they also have a Blake line from the catalog:


"Blake radiates magic. Rooms light up when he walks in.

He's into a little bit of everything - baseball, drama, math government -

and has friends from all walks of life. It doesn't matter what

town he's in, someone always says hi to Blake."


Uh, maybe on a good day?

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Lucy is the perfect name. Kylee loves it. She names EVERYTHING after Lucy. Its so cute!

caitlin and brinton said...

I take back all the times I said Lucy reminded me of the Spanish maid in Mr. Deeds.

Alisa said...

I'll have to check out that catalog. That's the only drawback of having a "Crosby" though I guess. I doubt his name has a line. Shoot. Don't you love reading stuff like that and it matches so well... like I love reading about zodiac signs and studying those.