Saturday, May 31, 2008

While Blake's away...

Lucy's new "ohhh" face - she really does say "oohhh" while she pulls it. We think it started because of her teeth aching which is sad but still so cute! Now she just knows it makes me laugh so she'll do it all the time.

Blake has been in Columbus, OH all week for work and I have to say Lucy and I managed pretty well. I kind of was dreading him leaving because I usually am scared staying alone in our house but this is the first time our little family unit has been apart from each other since Lucy came home from the hospital and I guess watching a 14 month old (yes, 14 months yesterday baby girl!) alone is enough to wear me out by the end of the night that I can't stay awake to be scared.
Our solo week started off with another dr. appointment. Lucy's pediatrician referred her to see an endocrinologist a couple of months ago. On her last blood work one of her growth hormone levels was a little low and since we have such a great pediatrician he took the proactive approach and suggested they take a look at her. I of course was nervous and dreading the appointment and even more freaked out when her original end of July appointment was bumped up to this week due to a cancellation. I took my mom for support and to help manage the squirmy worm. We met a great doctor who reiterated to us that Lucy only started out over a pound and due to her IUGR might not catch up for awhile. She said she looks very healthy and she has no concerns. She also explained that there may have been an error with her slightly low reading of growth hormone and that we shouldn't be worried. She said their office will just track her and make sure as she grows everything still looks great so we don't go back until Lucy is two. What a relief! Once again, Lucy shows us she's absolutely perfect and we just need to get over her petiteness and know she's a HEALTHY, GROWING girl who has come so far. Of course, since she did so well my mom and I had to take her to Babinski's for some goodies because her appointment went so amazingly well.

yes, lucky for me our week consisted of some sleeping-in-late mornings

The next day of our week Lucy and I had a long-awaited playdate with my cousin Lis and her scrumptious boy Crosby. We met at Sugarhouse park for a long chat-fest and so the kiddies could check each other out. Lucy munched on her animal crackers while keeping her eye on Crosby and he was cute and happy and then the perfect weather sent him into a snooze. These two are going to be such fun friends and I can't wait for our family gathering in Panguitch in a couple of weeks so we can get these two in the pool.




Lucy showing off her bruiser side


Lis and Croz


Now either these kiddies were really tired or we're getting the stink-eye for not sharing our onion rings, fried zuchini and lime slushees with them...yama hama

That night my sister Caitlin came over and saw a new side of Lucy. Oh my goodness! Lucy is really the perfect baby and never fusses, never wakes up in the night and never causes me much grief. But her dracula (top pointers) teeth are coming in and it is not a fun time. We thought Lucy would be all about a girls night with dinner, movie and chatting but she wasn't so we tried our best to make her happy and at the end of the night she finally settled in for a cuddle with Caitlin. I think she finally loves her aunt.


Getting ready for our shopping date - unfortunately for me Lucy has decided she doesn't really like wearing bows anymore. I had a long convo with her and told her that's really not an option so she can pull them out all she wants but I'll keep clippin' them back in!

The rest of the week we did some shopping, planting, playing, kissing, trying to take steps and laughing and snuggling in bed. Last night we went to my parents and lounged in their yard and took advantage of the perfect weather.






sink bath!

Lovely squint Luce! Caitlin must be getting a badge in babysitting because she's been all about helping with Luce this week. These are new summer jams from our shopping trip because the thought of her wearing footed pajamas on a warm night was making me sad.

I think we fared pretty well while Blake was away. But this bug girl misses her daddy and I think we'll all three be happy to reunite when he comes home in a few hours!!!




This is a smile - not a cry face. I've tried to teach Lucy to blow kisses, say mommy and various other tricks but the only one she's really picked up lately has been "the shimmy" every day we have our music on and I kept showing her how to shimmy and she picked it up so fast and she will do it ALL the time. I need to get video of it but this is her laughing after a major shimmy session to the song "Werewolves of London" love my girl!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

It sounds like you had a great week! Way to go! Oh that girl is so cute!!!

Kim said...

I can say I witnessed "the shimmy" for myself and it was hilarious! Lucy is quite the performer; she is so adorable! Glad Blake is home and you are all together again. xoxo Kim

Alisa said...

Lucy looks BEAUTIFUL in that pink and brown picture getting ready for shopping. So fun to have played with you girls! Sorry Croz was a lemon in the pics, but we have many more photo ops with our little cupcakes.

Annie said...

Sounds like you guys did pretty good while dad's been away.

I love sleep in days, though they don't come very often. Today, Elliott and I didn't get up until 7:45 - it was heavenly.

caitlin and brinton said...

I'm glad you had a good week just the two of you- thanks for letting me come over and hang out on your couch. I'm glad you guys came out yesterday, it was fun. So if I buy her a pool can I please babysit for at least 3 hours on a warm Sat. or Sun.? PLEASE.